Chapter 9

The train ride to District 2 was terrifying. All memories I had involving trains involved the games. Luckily Peeta was there to comfort me, or else my brain would have driven me mad. Even after the games, he still comforts me in my moments of troubles. The train finally gets there two days later, and we get off to go stay at a "hotel?" Apparently this was something they had before Panem, and they are trying to incorporate old society into new society. We get to the hotel room, settle down, and I go to take a shower. The hot water helps me clear my thoughts, and all my sadness washes down the drain. Suddenly, I feel something warm wrap around me. I look down, and there are hands! I scream bloody murder until one of hands clamps over my mouth. "Don't worry Katniss it's just me," I hear Peeta whisper in my ear, and feel instantly relieved. That is, until I realize that I'm completely naked, and so is Peeta. I know he sees the surprise in my eyes and he starts laughing, a deep, husky laugh. "Don't worry Katniss we aren't going to do anything. I don't especially understand how shower sex works anyway. I just thought, might as well conserve water right?" I giggle and help him wash his hair as he washes mine. Once the shower is over, we both put some clothes on (thank god) and go to bed. We fall asleep, a tangle of body limbs, with our hair still wet.