15

"Don't know what's inside of me"

Steve, Sam and Bucky clambered out of the tiny car. A white van was parked adjacent to them, with Clint and Wanda standing in front of it.

"Cap." Clint nodded, shaking Steve's hand.

"You know I wouldn't have called If I had any other choice," Steve said apologetically.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favour. Besides... I'm on your team."

"Thanks for having my back." Steve turned to Wanda.

"It was time to get off my ass," Wanda smirked, looking over to Clint.

"How's our new recruit?" Sam asked, his arms crossed over his chest.

"He's ready to go. I have to put a little coffee in him, but..... he should be good." Clint said, sliding the van door open. A man laid asleep inside until Clint slammed the van.

"What time zone is this?" Scott asked, climbing out of the van. He stopped short when he saw Steve.

"Come on. Come on." Clint muttered, pushing him forward.

"Captain America," Scott said in awe.

"Mr Lang," Steve replied, shaking his hand.

"It's an honour. I'm shaking your hand too long." Scott dropped his hand and let out a breath. "Wow. This is awesome. Captain America." He turned to Wanda and pointed at her. "I know you too, you're great. Jeez. Look, I wanted to say. I know you know a lot of super people, so... Thanks for thinking of me."

"Hey, man." Scott nodded over to Sam.

"What's up tic-tac?" Sam smirked in reply.

"Good to see you. Look. What happened last time was a..." He went to apologise.

"It was a great audition, but it'll... it'll never happen again." Sam cut Scott off.

"Did he tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked.

"Something about some... psycho assassins."

"We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man." Steve said, glancing at Bucky.

"Yeah, well, what else is new?"

"We should get moving," Steve suggested, turning to Clint.

"I got a chopper lining up," Clint replied when some German came over to speakers.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky translated for the group.

"Stark." Steve sighed.

"Stark?" Scott looked at him, confused.

"Suit up," Steve said, walking over to Clint. "Hey, where's Pietro? Is he on Stark's side?"

Clint shook his head.

"No, I think that the funeral stirred up his grief, I don't know. He thinks that Eleven has come back and that he needs to find her or something." He sighed, dragging a hand down his face. "I left him at the Institute,"

"Okay," Steve sighed, hoping that nothing bad was happening with Pietro. He walked away, going to where his suit was.

~

Steve ran out from the cover over to the helicopter when two electroshocks hit the blades. Tony and Rhodey stood in their suits, looking at Steve.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you just feel weird?" Tony asked, looking over at Rhodey.