18

"It seems I had a loaded gun"

After getting settled into Wakanda, Ella told Steve and T'Challa about the treatment of their friends in the prison

After getting settled into Wakanda, Ella told Steve and T'Challa about the treatment of their friends in the prison. Steve was immediately angry and wanted to go break them out immediately. The ever calm and passive T'Challa was doubtful.

"Breaking them out will only lead to more trouble for you." He paused, "Maybe I can distract Secretary Ross by bringing in Zemo." T'Challa had been planning on trying and imprisoning Zemo in Wakanda so he could face his people's anger over the murder of their king.

Ella's head snapped towards him. "What about the trial?"

"He will still face punishment. Your friends are being treated unfairly if I can help in any way, I can and will."

The plan was set.

T'Challa went to meet Secretary Ross and Everett Ross and deliver Zemo to them. It was his job to keep them distracted for as long as possible.

"Hello, Secretary Ross and Mr Ross," T'Challa greeted them, "May we talk about the Sokovia Accords? I have a few questions."

While T'Challa was in Berlin, Steve and Ella flew to the prison. Ella went into the control centre, using her powers to turn off the machines and open the cells while Steve went into where the holding cells to get their friends.

"Steve? What are you doing here?" Clint asked, walking up to the glass.

"I'm breaking you guys out," Steve replied when all of the glass panels begun to rise. "That's our cue."

Steve helped Clint, Sam, and Scott out of their cells, and attempted to help Wanda and Pietro. The pair were so quiet and relied on each other to get to the quinjet. Ella wore a look of horror when she saw them.

"They've gotten worse." She whispered. Steve went to ask her what she meant when his phone, a gift from T'Challa, went off.

"I tried to keep them as long as I could, but Ross is on his way now. Get out of there." T'Challa said before hanging up.

"Come on, we need to go," Steve commanded and Ella nodded, getting onto the jet. She looked over to her friends as the jet took off. They were broken and hurt. It was going to take a long time to get over what happened to them, and Ella didn't know if they were going to be okay for the next time the world needed them.

~~Two Months Later~~

T'Challa had been the most welcoming host as they arrived. He provided them with medicine, beds, and a shoulder to lean on. Clint, Scott, and Sam had fully recovered from their injuries within a week of coming to Wakanda. It took so much longer for Wanda and Pietro to recover. Ella supported them tirelessly as they saw different doctors, different psychologists, trying to get better. Ella knew that what happened was something that was going to stay with them, but she never voiced this.

She was walking through one of the kitchens, when a phone began to ring. Ella walked closer to the phone, looking around cautiously. She answered the phone, once again looking around for the others.

"Hello?" She asked, gently pressing the phone to the side of her face.

"Ella?" Tony's voice rang through the receiver, shocking Ella. "Oh, thank god it's you."

"Tony?" Ella asked, "What is it?"

"I need your help. There's this boy, you might have met him at the airport."

"Yeah- I remember him." She smiled, "Has something happened to him?"

"Well- um..." Tony stumbled over his words. "I don't know how to parent him and I need you to watch over him."

"Tony," Ella began in a stern voice.

"I know, it's weird, but I don't know what else to do. I never had a good relationship with my father and I'm worried I'll screw him up. Please," He paused, "I don't know what to do."

Ella was silent, thinking. "I'll have to think about it, Tony. I'll ask Steve-"

"No! No," Tony sighed, "I don't need to hide Captain America from the government, but you, you can turn invisible."

"Okay,"

"Okay? Okay, you'll do it?" Tony asked desperation clear in his voice.

"Okay, as in I'll do it, Tony." Ella smiled as she heard Tony's sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Ella. You have no idea how much this means to him." Ella was about to respond when she heard footsteps.

"I got to go, bye."

"B-" She hung up the phone and placed it back where she found it, turning to find Pietro and Wanda standing in the room.

"Who were you talking to?" Pietro asked, and Ella motioned them to keep their voice down.

"I need your help."