Chapter twenty eight👫😨(unedited)

"How was it?" Jeremy said over the phone. I had called him almost as soon as I got back from the ride. It was totally exhilarating and I could feel the last dose of the adrenaline in my blood. My heart was just calming down.

"It wasn't as bad as I expected, at least we were all polite and I wasn't in the mood to be dramatic" I plopped on my bed, I was supposed to shower but I was just too tired. I snuggled under my duvet.

"It would have been a very dry event, without your drama"

"I know right! What would they do without me? It was sorta awkward though"

"That's to be expected"

"Oh, Bridget, May's mom got me a charm. A dreamcatcher,it's really beautiful, not as expensive as my other jeweleries but I've taken a liking to it"

"That's really nice of her"

"I think you mean, weirdly nice of her. I hope she's not trying to replace my mom. Honestly, I'm not buying all her niceties. It just feels too much and fake"

"Bri, some people are just really nice like that, it doesn't have to be fake"

"She's just trying to win me over"

"I guess that's the point, is that bad"

"Not necessarily, but. I don't know"

"Exactly, don't over think it"

"Hmmm, I'll try"

"Better,What are you doing now?"

"About to sleep" I yawned immediately for good measure,"I didn't mean to do that"

"Nobody's accusing you" I heard him yawn too and I giggled.

"Uh, Bri, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"Apart from sleeping in as usual for Sundays, nothing"

"Uhm, okay" he sounded weirdly nervous

"Are you asking me out, jer?"

"Well, sorta?"

"Why are you nervous? Awww, that's cute" I could imagine his face red right now. I has a stupid grin on my face.

"I don't know. Maybe cause you are the almighty queen and can decide to say no"

"Then, you faithful subject has found favour in my sight and has been granted the honour of taking me out tomorrow. What are the plans"

"I think you mean prince charming or knight in shining armor. uhm,Come over to my place and I'll cook for you?"

"I prefer a prince.Oooh, my private chef? Brittany likey! What of your mom and Jimmy"

"I was able to convince mom to take him to church tomorrow, she usually doesn't because he can just decide to run to the front of the church. After service, they would go to his therapist so we'll have the house to ourselves for almost the whole day"

"Then, it's a date. I look forward to it" I yawned again, "The queen needs to get her beauty sleep, goodnight my handsome prince"

"Night b. Sleep tight". I drifted off almost immediately.

~~~~
I had invited Sophie and Izzy over as soon as I woke up. They had both rushed here and I began throwing my clothes at them to pick an outfit for me.

" I can't believe I'm missing church for this, major emergency my foot" Sophie said annoyed as usual and then she clucked her tongue.

"I almost had an accident, rushing here"