Chapter forty🎉(unedited)

I was in a packing spree. Packing everything my five big boxes could contain for college. I actually told Jeremy, I couldn't hold the surprise anymore, when I told him, you can imagine the reward his excitement caused. Nope, not sex. I decided to be chastised till marriage, I told him and he had no qualms with it. Maybe May had rubbed off on me.

We already planned to live together and were looking for an apartment when Bridget said we couldn't. Cue the internal eye roll, she wasn't my my for Christ's sake! Well, not yet. She certainly had Dad on a leash cos he supported her and I threw a tantrum as usual but Jeremy and mum finally convinced me. We both decided to stay on campus and then we could try again in our second year.

I got accepted for fashion, I planned to have my clothesline in the future. Jeremy got accepted for medicine, My doctor in training. Imagining him in his doctor's coat somehow makes him look hotter.

My last box was full and I was sitting on it to close it, I still wasn't done packing. I groaned after I closed it and stood up. I could imagine Sophie rolling her eyes a million times if she were here. She would have told me I didn't need to over pack cos I could get everything there. I would have disagreed and instead of her arguing with me, she would have shrugged and continued typing on her phone.

I really missed her. Not that she was dead but she moved to Nigeria. Her father died and she had to move there so she could get used to the company. I didn't really understand the whole issue, like why didn't they just let her complete her college education for Christ sake? Her mom could manage it for a while and then she would go back when she was done.

She got accepted into Harvard for business admin, seriously, her mother was mad. She didn't even look affected by the death, just mean as usual. I bet Sophie on the other hand was more affected than she let on but had to cover up for her no emotions mother.

I remembered the day she was to leave, she didn't tell Brent and had to make us all swear not to tell him until she left. She claimed it was because she didn't want anything mushy like goodbyes but I bet it was because she won't be able to leave assuming she told him.

I told him anyway and I bet it made her feel better or not.

Flashback

Sophie's flight was to leave in thirty minutes and the airport was about fifteen minutes from dad's. I ran to Brent's door and banged it so hard my hand hurt.

He opened the door and glared at me,"what? "

I rested my hand on the wall trying to catch my breathe. Hus glare intensified, "if you disturbed my peace for something-"

"It's Sophie"

His glare dropped when he heard it and my expression.

"She's leaving"

"What do you mean she's leaving?"

"You only have about five minutes if you want to see her before she leaves. I'm going to the airport now"

I turned to leave but soon heard his footsteps behind me. I opened my car door but he snatched the keys from me.

"I'm driving"

I nodded and went to the other side cos there was no time to argue. The way he drove was scary, I was praying under my breathe for my life. I started going to church thanks to Bridget.

We got to the airport in no time, after breaking a few traffic rules. We dashed inside.

"Wait here Brent, come in two minutes. I need to tell her you're around"

I went to where our friends were, Izzy, Dave and Jeremy were there with Sophie. Izzy's bump was already visible.

"Sophie" she turned to look at me and offered me a sad smile.