Nyctophilia

nyctophilia; love of darkness or night. finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness.

Description

Draco Malfoy is cruel, arrogant, cold, manipulative, pompous, and many other things. Nobody liked him and his attitude, except his fellow Slytherins. Of course, this was out of fear for all the power the Malfoy family held over everyone. He believed he was the richest and most powerful student of Hogwarts.

Until, he meets one particular girl who is different from all the rest. One girl who was colder and more powerful than the blonde Slytherin. One girl the Hogwarts students feared more than the Malfoy himself.

You could say, he was beneath her.

//in which two conflicted souls both have a taste for a little darkness in their lives, whether it may or may not be found in each other.

years 4+

Author's Note

this author's note is really long, because it is the only author's note you'll ever see after this chapter. i hate writing author's notes within chapters, because it interrupts the flow of writing and takes up wording space. so i'm going to be explaining everything that i would normally explain if i were to write author's notes in the chapters. don't worry, there's no spoilers.

this part of the story is told from draco's point of view, which is not exactly typical for most (draco x readers). i really wanted to develop draco as a character, and show the world what i thought of his character to be. of course we all know he's misunderstood and he's the boy who had no choice, but who was he leading up to that?

we all saw him as a bully, cruel, and pompous. don't deny it! but this story is about people who are not what they seem, and understanding those who have the same facade. because of this, the meaning of nyctophilia will be truly evident later in the story. read this as a sort of foreshadow for what's ahead. :)

on another note, i want you read this story and notice all the little things. i won't spoil anything, but please just pay close attention to everything, as every detail is always important. soon, it will all come together, and you'll appreciate the events in the story so much more!

this is a story that starts in fourth year, and although it may seem a little fast at first, it definitely will not be in the long run. writing a romantic relationship like the one you are about to read is quite a challenge, and i want you to just keep that in mind when you think the relationship is being built too quickly. i can assure you, this is most definitely not a cliche.

so as the first part of the story is in draco's point of view, it is named dragon. please do enjoy, and vote and comment. :)

Playlist

i have not fully compiled a playlist yet, and it is a "soon to come". it will be a spotify playlist.

for now, if you have pandora, please add the station "clair de lune" as classical music does fit very well. if you don't like classical music, that's okay! please just wait a little longer for my spotify playlist.

enjoy!