Chapter 4 - No Coming Back

━━━━━━━━━

4. No Coming Back

━━━━━━━━━

(POV) Chase

Great. This is just great. Perry is going to catch us now. This is it. Our bionics are going to be exposed, and it's all my fault.

"Guys, how are we going to get out of this? She's got an x-ray machine. She'll definitely see our bionics now." I whispered. Bree shrugged but Adam's face lit up.

"Why don't I use my blast wave ability? You know, when I concentrate really hard and everything falls apart?" Adam asked referencing to when we had been captured and he miraculously found his hidden ability.

"Oh, right. I keep forgetting your not, completely useless." Bree said slowly. Adam smiled as if he had just been given an award. I laughed as Bree turned to me. She smiled.

"You're much more help than he is." Bree whispered. She must have been able to tell I was doubting myself. Why had I been the one Principle Perry had to scan with the metal detectors?

"Thanks, Bree." I whispered back. Adam started his blast wave and the room began to shake. I quickly wrapped my arms around Bree. She quickly curled into my chest as we waited for the shake to stop. I looked off to see the control panel hanging by a few wires from the top of the x-ray machine. I smiled as I stood back up with Bree. We might actually get away with this.

"Thanks, Chase." Bree whispered as Adam turned to us. I knew she was deathly afraid of earthquakes.

"No need to thank me. I'd do anything for you." I whispered before Adam reached us. He smiled and threw his fists in the air in victory. Perry turned to us with a distorted look on her face.

"Wow, that was some jolt." Bree said. I smiled slyly at Perry who ran over to the machine. She looked at it and began to fix it. I knew for a fact she wouldn't be able to fix it. This thing needed a genius, much like myself, to fix it.

"Dang it! It's broken." Perry mumbled as she dropped the screw driver on the floor.

"Oh, well. We'll see you on Monday." I said as we ran for the door.

"Wait! I don't know what's going on with you kids but I will find out." Perry shouted as we ran for the door. I looked up to see there was a wire hanging loose from the ceiling.

"I think your blast wave did that." I whispered to Adam. He nodded.

"It's just an electrical wire. I'll fix it later." Perry said brushing off the hazard. I rolled my eyes before I heard her scream.

"Look out!" Bree yelled as she sped off to help Perry. I looked up to see the wire sparking.

"Adam, after I stabilize the wire, you sever it with your heat vision." I turned on my monocular kinesis app and stopped the wire from moving. Adam turned his sight to the wire and cut it off before I threw it to the other side of the room. I cheered as Adam and I did our handshake. Bree smiled as she made her way over to us.

"What are you people?" Perry yelled. She looked scared.

"That... was our magic show." Bree said dramatically as Adam and I gestured around the room. Perry ran off toward the other wing of the school.

"Wow, I have never seen her run." Adam said before we walked over to get her out.

"Principle Perry, it's okay. We're not going to hurt you." Bree called through the door.