Chapter 6 - Wishing to Forget

━━━━━━━━━

6. Wishing To Forget

━━━━━━━━━

(POV) Bree

We ran, and we kept running. I used my super speed to get us to LA within minutes. But now, we didn't know where to go. Chase was able to find 200 dollars in our mission bags in case of emergency, but that was it. We had no idea where to stay. We roamed the streets aimlessly until I got an idea.

"Guys. We can just stay in a foreclosed apartment." I suggested. Chase smiled and nodded as Adam stood there with a confused look on his face. I shook my head and looked to Chase for the explanation.

"Let me simplify the situation for you. Someone got kicked out of their house and now we are going to stay in it without anyone knowing." Chase explained. Adam laughed with excitement as Chase scanned the area for an apartment. For some reason I continued to look ahead at a particular building. I had never seen it before. Chase smiled as he picked up the information.

"Alright. There's one over there." Chase said with a smile. Low and behold, the place was in the same building I had been watching for he past ten minutes. I nodded and followed chase over to the building. We walked inside and made our way up to the top floor where we stopped at 13c. This place felt familiar. Chase used his magnetism app to manipulate the lock until it clicked open. We walked inside to see the place was fully furnished and had a kitchen, bathroom, and one bedroom. In the living room there were two couched set across from each other. Chase walked into the adjacent kitchen to see that there was still running water. I breathed a sigh of relief as I realized we would be able to shower. Chase jumped up to sit in the counter while Adam made his way down the hall.

"I call the bedroom! There's a freaking water bed! This is the shit!" Adam yelled as we heard him leap onto the bed. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Chase. I took a seat on the counter next to him.

"What do we do now?" I asked, hoping he would have thought this out. I needed some confirmation, I felt so unsure of all of this.

"We wait. We stay here until the inevitable happens and we have to leave. Then we find another place until we have enough money to actually get out our place. Then we change our names, dye our hair, and stay out of sight." Chase teased with a smile. I laughed as I pictured Chase with blond or black hair. It just wasn't natural.

"Well, it's almost dinner. Do you want me to super speed to the store and pick up something without being notice?" I asked as I jumped off the counter. Chase frowned as he thought of the outcomes.

"I don't know Bree-" He started, but I was already off. I picked up as much as I could carry and was back in the apartment within ten seconds. Chase had a smile on his face as he walked around to close the door for me. He locked it and turned to help me open the boxes. We decided on sandwiches since it seemed easiest. I fixed up the Adam special, everything and anything you can fit between tow slices of bread, and I brought it back to him. Adam was sound asleep on the bed so I set it down on the night stand. I smiled back out of the room and closed the door behind me. As I walked out into the main area, I saw Chase setting our plates down on the coffee table in the living room. I smiled and joined him on one of the couches.

"Thank you." I whispered as he took a bite. We both knew if we made a sound it would wake Adam up, and right now we needed to strategize. We wouldn't do that with Adam interrupting every good idea we may come up with. Chase smiled.

"Your welcome. And thank you for breaking the law to get us food." Chase whispered with a smirk. I laughed quietly as I looked over to see him staring at me. Maybe Marcus was right, Chase did love me.