Chapter Nine

Eren's POV

The helicopter soon arrived, and Mark was first on the helicopter since he was injured. Pulse was with him, I wanted to tag along but the medics pushed me away. But luckily my grappling hook was facing upward so that when the helicopter took off I was hanging.

I climbed up and saw Pulse with his Cardiac Sensor aimed at Mark

''What're you doing here?'' Asked one of the medics

''I'm staying with my friend no matter what!'' I replied

Then, thirty minutes later we arrived at the nearest hospital. The medics took him to the Emergency room and was taken care of immediately.

Aviana's POV

-I hope Mark's okay- I thought to myself

Then suddenly she felt a shock on her back, which left a stinging pain on her back. She winced at this and just shrugged it off.

Then I felt my phone vibrate

-New message from Eren-

''Oh?'' *tap-tap-tap*

Then my heart stopped beating for a second. Eren messaged me that Mark was shot in the line of duty, and that he's still not woken up. It got me terrified that Mark won't make it back to me safe and alive.

Then I messaged him back to tell me if Mark had woken up. He replied five seconds later, he told me that he'd message me as soon as he woke up. And I was thankful for that.

Then I called Annie and the others to tell the news. Out of everyone, I was hit the most. Considering Mark and I are a thing. I miss Mark, and I want him back.

Three hours later

-RING!-

''Hmm?'' *tap*

''Hello?'' I asked

''Hey Aviana'' a low voice told me

''M-Mark?'' I stuttered

I didn't get a reply, all I heard we're sobs and sniffs

''I'm glad to hear your voice again'' said Mark

''MARK! I'm so glad your okay'' I said ''Where are you?'' I asked

Then Eren took the phone and said the address. I told them I'll be right back, but in reality it was only a reason to call Annie.

-On the line-

Hello?

Hi Annie, it's me Aviana

Oh hi, anything you need?

D'you want to see Eren?

Sure, when will you pick me up?

I'm outside right now

Ok let me just wear something

-End-

Then Annie and Aviana went to the hospital where Mark was confined.

*Knock-knock*

''Come in!'' A shout from inside

The door opened slightly and I was in awe with what I saw.

There were machines on the left and right, in the middle was Mark's hospital bed. There is a rubber hose connected to his nose, he was resting.

''Where was he hit?'' I asked Eren

''Three inches to the right from the spine'' he stated

Then I remembered, that's where I felt the pain before.