Veinticuatro

- There's gonna be a small section of smut in this chapter. ENJOY! -

~The Day of the Tony Awards~

Lin's P.O.V.

Y/N and I drove to the Radio City Music Hall a few hours before the Tonys for the rehearsal we were having. The whole day, my nerves were shot, my anxiety was sky-rocketing, and I felt that at any given moment, I was gonna pass out. Of course, I had to play it off so everyone else wouldn't feel as nervous but, that made it even worse.

When we arrived, we walked backstage to where our cast was supposed to meet. The majority of the cast was already there so, we got started fairly quickly. A good amount of the other nominees were there as well, walking around, talking to each other. Since this was all of our first time being nominated, nobody really knew who we were so, we were all the outsiders of the Tonys for this year.

After about 2 hours of rehearsing, all of us finally got sent home to get ready. Y/N and I walked outside, got into our car then drove home. As we were driving, I found myself spacing out multiple times, my mind focused on and distracted by tonight. I wiped a strain of sweat that dripped down my forehead and, I felt Y/N put her hand on mine.

"Lin, you okay?"

"I uh- I'm just nervous."

"I know baby, we all are."

"I just- I don't know, Y/N. I just wish my abuelo was here to see this."

"Hey, he is here. He's right here, in your mind, and in your heart. I know that sounds cheesy but, I promise you, he's with you tonight. He's with all of us. Look at me."

As I pulled into the parking garage of our apartment building, I turned my head to look at Y/N who was lightly rubbing her thumb against my hand.

"No matter what happens tonight, whether we win or not, I'm so fucking proud of you, Lin. You've worked your ass off and, this has been your dream since we were kids. Don't be nervous, love. I'll be right by your side the whole time. Okay?"

I took a deep breath then nodded my head. Y/N grabbed my face and gave me a soft, passionate kiss as she then wrapped her hands around my neck and, I softly rubbed my thumb against her soft, red cheek. We stepped out of the car then went upstairs to our shared apartment on the top floor. When we stepped into our apartment I walked straight into our bedroom.

"Hey, baby?"

I yelled from our room.

"Yeah!?"

"I think I'm gonna take a quick nap before we start getting ready!"

She walked into our bedroom and, stood at the entrance of the room and, I sat down on our bed, taking off my shirt.

"Okay! That's fine. If you need me I'll be in the living roo-"

"NOOOOOOO!!!!"

"What?"

"Stay here with me, please!"

"Baby, I have to-"

"Pleaseeeeeee! Just take a nap with me. It'll help me calm down!!!!"

"Uggghhhh, fine!"

"YAY!"

I sprung up from the bed, skipped over to Y/N, picked her up then laid her down on her side of the bed, laying her underneath the sheets. I climbed over her, laid down underneath the covers on my side of the bed, then held her tight in my arms. I hummed softly as I lightly stroked her hair.