Veintidós

May 13, 2008

Lin's P.O.V.

Today was the day the Tony nominees were to be announced. A few weeks ago, the producers of Good Morning America asked us to do a small performance for the show so, we all agreed to it and, that performance was also today. Since it was early in the morning, we were gonna miss the live announcements for who the nominees were. I was pretty bummed out about it but, I knew that I would find out from one of our producers.

As Y/N and I were getting ready for our performance, my phone started ringing. I walked over to it, looked at the screen, then saw that the number was unknown. I cancelled the call, then put my phone back in my bag.

Finally, it was time for our performance and, I was pretty nervous because, it was our first performance outside of the theatre and plus, this performance was to be OUTSIDE. Luckily, we were only performing It Won't Be Long Now so, we only had a few of our cast members performing. It was me, Y/N, Robin, Seth, and a few others. We all walked outside to where we were going to perform and, as soon as we did, we started shivering like crazy because of how cold it was. I looked over at Y/N and saw that her face was completely flushed.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Uh y-yeah! I'm fine. Completely f-fine!"

"Come here."
I said as I pulled her into a hug.

"You're gonna do great, love. I promise."

"What if I mess up? I mean, performing on stage is different because, those people WANT to be there. People watching at home don't car-"

I cut her off by planting a small kiss on her lips. I lightly grabbed her face and pulled her deeper into the kiss. When we pulled away, I lightly rubbed my right thumb over her cheek.

"Baby, you're gonna do fine. I PROMISE! Would I lie to my baby?"

"Welllll-"

"Hush."

"I'm kidding, baby!"

"I know! Seriously though, you're gonna be amazing! You know how I know?"

"How?"

"Because I loooooove you, that's why!"

"Yeah, yeah, I love you too!"

I pulled her in for another hug then, gave her a kiss on her forehead. About 5 minutes later, we got our call to take our places.

~ After the performance ~

Y/N's P.O.V.

After your performance, you felt as if a weight was lifted off of your shoulders. Before you could all walk back, one of the producers of In The Heights came running up to you, Lin, and the rest of the cast.

"L-Lin!! The n-nominations f-for the T-Tony-"

"Slow down! Breathe...... Okay, now, what about the nominations?"

"I have the list!"

"WHAT!? LET ME SEE IT!"

The producer handed Lin the list of nominations and, Lin quickly opened the paper and skimmed his eyes to where it read In The Heights.

"One.... two.... three.... four.... five.... six- oh my god- seven.... eight.... nine.... TEN.... ELEVEN.... TWELVE.... THIRTEEN TONY NOMINATIONS!"

As Lin said that, you could hear his voice break and, you saw his eyes tear up. He looked up at you, hugged you, picked you up, then spun you around in excitement. When he put you back on the ground, he lightly grabbed your face with both hands and, pulled you into a long, passionate kiss.

"GET. A. ROOM!"

Robin yelled from behind you and Lin. You both laughed, Lin wrapped his arm around your shoulder, then you went home.

Hi! It's been a few days since I last updated but, I hope you are content with this chapter! BY THE WAY, I just started writing a new book! It's called, "The Book of Smut // A Collection of Lin Smut" 😂 So, if you liked chapter 20, then you'll surely like this new book! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this poorly written chapter! As always, I'll talk to you in the next update!

-Siempre, Jude