Chapter 8

While we were happily licking our ice-cream and walking home carrying the paper bags full of boy who cried wolf merchandise and a cake for Chanyeol, I decided to check my phone; 0 messages. That’s odd.

We kept walking towards the SM building until we realize that there were cops everywhere.

“What happened?” I asked, finishing up my ice-cream. Luhan had already finished his a long time ago.

“Must be the Exotics again. Come on, I know another way in.” Luhan grabbed my hand.

“Why do we have to take the other way if we’re wearing snapbacks, shades and masks?” I asked.

Luhan raised an eyebrow, “Remember what happened at the store?”

Oh, right. They could recognize him even with the disguise.

“Besides, they’re not normal fans. They’re Exotics.”

As Luhan let me into the building, I was having a gut feeling that something, something related to EXO, was wrong. Like Chen forgot to reply a text; after all I did ask him to text me when Chanyeol reached the hospital.

Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol…” I whispered in horror.

Luhan noticed and squeezed my hand, “Don’t worry about the cops, its normal.”

When we entered the dorm, all 9 members were sitting the living room in a circle. They looked anxious.

“Is Chanyeol with you?” Baekhyun called out.

Luhan shook his head. “He told me he went to the hospital.” I replied.

Everyone looked shock, Baekhyun placed his face in his hands, Sehun was fisting his hair and everyone kept rubbing their hands. Luhan took the paper bags to his room and placed the cake in the kitchen.

“What happened?” I asked.

No one replied.

“What the F*CK happened to Chanyeol!” I screamed. Luhan came over to rub my shoulders.

“Hey… Relax.” He whispered but I shook him off.

“Chen…” I called out.

Everyone was frowning, Baekhyun was almost in tears.

“Go tell her. We can’t hide it for long.” Kris sighed.

Chen got up and hugged me. “I’m sorry.”

“What’s going on…” I mumbled.

Chen took out his phone, pressed a few buttons and sighed. He looked reluctant to show me whatever was on his phone. But when he did, I almost had a heart attack.

The text was from Chanyeol. I shook as I read the message that only contained 4 words;

“Don’t look for me.”

WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT???????

“What’s this supposed to mean…” I asked, shaking.

Chanyeol…

“We don’t know either.” Kris got up and hugged me.

Chanyeol… Chanyeol…

As his name echoed in my head, I was reminded of his kindness and how he’d always be there for me.

“Chanyeol…” I cried into Kris’ shoulder.

Everyone came in for a group hug, all except Baekhyun. His face was still in his hands.

I moved over to him, “Baekhyun…” When I attempted to hug him he shoved me away and ran to his room, slamming the door.

“What did I do now…” I sniffed. Luhan came over and hugged me.

“Chanyeol’s a strong man, I’m sure he’ll be fine, though it’s been over 12 hours since his disappearance.” Suho replied, rubbing his chin.

I checked the wall clock; it was 10pm. Time flied so fast when I was out with Luhan. Chen squatted in front of me, “He’ll be okay. I’m sure he wouldn’t want to see you like this.”

“Jong Dae oppa!” I yelled out and cried into Chen’s shoulder.

Why would Chanyeol run away? The thought of him not being around me, it’s unbearable.

“Jong Dae oppa?” Everyone exclaimed.

“Um, it’s a long story I guess.” Chen replied nervously.

Even without looking, I could tell that Luhan was jealous.

I looked up at Sehun and asked, “Is that why the cops are here?” He simply nodded.

Facing Chen while sniffing, I asked, “I thought it had to be after 48 hours to report a missing person?”

“He’s a celebrity so I guess that’s an exception.” Kai replied.

Luhan wiped my off my tears, “He’ll be fine. If it makes you feel any better, we’ll try looking for him.”

“Thanks lulu.” I whispered. Luhan simply hugged me and smiled.

“Alright, we better get going.” Kris called out.

“I’ll stay here with Baekhyun. I don’t think he should go along. Don’t come back too late though.” I replied.