Chapter 26

*Laurens P.O.V*

Aku said he hasn't been able to sleep well for weeks. He says he has been having nightmares. I was working in my part time job waiting for customers leaning my head on a table waiting. I got a call on the phone from Marsh and I picked it up quickly.

"Yeah Marsh?" I ask.

"Hey! Just checking how your doing Lauren." I heard.

"Fine just bored." I yawn.

"Have you seen Aku?" He asked.

"Nope." I spoke.

"Oh well I went to check on him today at his place but demonic said he was going to your workplace." Marsh spoke.

"How odd? Maybe his on his way besides he can take good care off himself sometimes..." I murmur.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Nothing. Maybe Aku is on his way." I sigh.

I felt someone starying threw the shop window and when I look it was Zeiba. He didn't noticed anything and walk pass by me tired and sleepy. He walk pass the cereal section and grab some lucky charms and went to get milk. I look at him confused and sigh and waited.

"I need this." He spoke tired.

"Demon Bird!" I smile.

"Im a Raven!!" He turn his head to look at me snapping from his sleeping state.

He walk and put the milk and cereal infromt of me and bought it.

"Have you seen Aku?" I asked.

He open the cereal taking out the plastic and opening it. He grab the milk and put it on the plastic enterimg the cereal he has a spoon in his pocket and eat.

"Sooo good. Nice cold milk and cereal. I need this." He eat.

"Did you hear me?" I asked.

"?? What nope and I dont care let me have this moment." He eat smiling.

I sigh hearing him crunch on the food and look out the store.

"Oh yeah I remember seeing Aku yesterday. Well last night." Zeiba spoke.

"Really where did he go?" I wonder.

"Something about getting a gift for you." Zeiba spoke.

"A gift? But Christmas was three months ago." I asked.

"Yeah well.... He said your birthday will be soon." Zeiba look away.

"March 13." I look at him.

"Tomorrow-?!" Zeiba look at me shocked.

"Well I don't know anything bye!!" Zeiba storm off.

*Zeiba's P.O.V*

I akmost spilled the beans and Aku would have killed me. I eat cereal walking around town. Then I saw Marsh.

"Where is Aku?" Marsh asked.

"No idea bye!!" I turn into a raven holdong the cereal and fly off.

I eat cereal and bump into a woman.

"Ow-?!" She spoke.

She looked at me and she smiled.

"A cute bird!!" She lift me up and hug me.

"I'm not cute in evil!" I spoke.

"A talking bird?!" She smiled and pat my head.

I felt my heart best quickly. Oh no?! Aku gave me the sickness!!!! I got pat on the head.  She walked off with me.

"Whats your name?" I asked.

"My name is Cordelia." She smile at me.

"Well Cordelia my name is Zeiba. A pleasure to meet you." I spoke.

"You do like lucky charms." She looked at me.

"Yeah... I thought if I eat them I would have luck." I lower my head guilty standing on her shoulder.

"Well its your lucky day! You found me!" Cordelia smiled.

"Yeah!" I smile.

I got off her shoulder and turn into my human form. She turn red she. She looked at me and I look curious.

"Are you okay?!" I asked.

"Your the....Zeiba-?! From school?!" She looked at me.

"Yes..." I back away.

"I... Always had a crush on you." She blurted out.

My eyes widen and she looked st me determined.

"I always send you letters and you read them." She turned really red hidding her face.

"Your the one? I thought i was being pranked." I spoke.

"No. I meant every word." She grab her hair and twirl it.

She was super red gidding her face. She looked adorable. I look at her and notice she had two different eyes. One grey and the other blue. Her hair was long light brown that shined when the sun hit it. I held my chest.

"Whats this feeling?" I spoke to myself.

"Im sorry if I made you uncomfortable for all those letters."she looked down.

"I think they where wonderful." I smile.

"Really?!" She looked at me in the eyes.

"Yeah. You habe beautiful eyes." She turn red.

"Would you like to go out. Have a nice coffe and talk?" I asked.

She lower her beanie and smiled really red.

"Yes." She smile.

*Aku's P.O.V*

I held the small box in my arms scared and nervous. Only mortals do this so I shouldn't be scared or worried. I put the box in my pocket. Tomorrow i'm doing it. I looked sweaty and nervous.

I cant believe I told the secret to bird brain. I look away really red. It will be romantic.

I look at my phone seeing missed calls from Lauren. I felt a hand grab me and when I look it was Marsh. He hug me with tears. Did he see what I bought?!

"Your finally going to do it!" He smile.

"Yes." I look up at him.

"When where?" Marsh looked at me.

"Tomorrow..... I don't know where." I look reslly red.

Marsh smiled at me and pat me.

"Yes!" He walked off.