[56] barry

barry, when your parents began to ask inappropriate questions to both of you in your first family dinner after you two got married

barry, when your parents began to ask inappropriate questions to both of you in your first family dinner after you two got married. the four of you were having a good time and you were talking about how good the restaurant was, everything was going just fine and your father had just refilled everyone's glasses with more champagne as you waited for the food, suddenly your mother went totally off topic.

"you guys have something beautiful," she said after taking a sip from her glass, "so, have you started trying for a baby?"

"mother!" you bellowed, looking at your father in hopes he'd tell her to stop, you were wrong.

"what your mother is trying to say is that you guys are not getting any younger, so you should start a family, the sooner the better, right barry?" barry's eyes darted at you.

"i—well, i—"

"expect twins, there's plenty of twins in our family so it's most likely you'll have a set yourselves," your mother interrupted as your father nodded and you just sat there with embarrassment dripping from you. luckily enough, you noticed the waiter walking towards your table with the food. you and barry couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief.

"oh, thank god. it's the food."

[ awkward. ]

➳ question time:
if you were given a million dollars, how would you spend it?