Four

As we walk into school, everybody stares. He whispers to me in my ear, "Ignore the stares babe."

It was odd walking hand in hand with someone. Especially somebody like Matt. We weren't even official yet. I was so worried about being called a slut.

We go throughout the day spending lunch together and talking during passing period.

After school, Matt offers to drive me home and I accept.

We get into the car and Matt puts his hand on my thigh and drives. This simple gesture was so comforting to me 

"Let's go to the park." Matt offers.

"Ummmm... Okay?" I say. His spontaneity was so attractive.

We get to the park and walk to a bench underneath a tree that has very small blossoms gentilly swaying in the breeze.

"Lily?" Matt looks up at me, holding my hand.

"Yes?" I say smiling at him.

"Was it weird, you know... holding hands in school today for you?" He asks, with genuine curiosity.

"Honestly,  it didn't really bother me. I mean, at first, with all of the stares and then when you told me not to worry, and I was okay."

"Okay. I just don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." He looks down at the ground.

"No. I wasn't at all." I smile and rest my head on his shoulder.

"You know, I want a relationship where we can be teens. Where we are completely happy. The best of friends. Where we don't have to tell everyone our relationship status. Where everybody doesn't know about our business."

I smile at that and say "Exactly. That is how I want it."

He squeezes my hand tighter and we watch the little kids run around the grass field. I hear Matt chuckle every time a kid falls and gets right back up and runs around again.

We walk around the park and hold hands the whole time. We go to a really secluded area of the park where roses grow and it's filled with beautiful plants.

We sit on the grass and face each other. We stare into each others eyes for a good ten seconds before leaning in for a small kiss. I get lazy and I lay my head on his lap.

"Can you tell me a story?" I ask him, looking at the sky.

He takes a deep breath before speaking, "This is one of my favorite memories for some reason. I was about seven years old around this time and we were all messing around in the backyard. We had this paved area on the patio. I took my friends skate board and I got on it and I started riding. It was so fun. I felt on top of the world. It was my first time and I was actually riding. So, I started to speed up and I got tripped by a rock on the patio. I fell into lots of rocks and scraped my elbows and knees up pretty bad. So I went inside crying and my dad picked me up and took me to the bathroom. He started to clean my cuts. And he told me if I didn't cry when they were being cleaned,  I'd become a man. So I held in the tears. Basically I've been a man since I was 7." He laughs. "That story was pointless." He laughs even more.

"I liked it. It was cute." I smile, looking up at him.

"Thank you." he bends down and kisses my forehead.