Ten.

He was so broken. I wanted to mend him. I wanted to mend this irresistible being.

It had been months since the day at the ice cream parlor. The wake. The funeral. It was hard to see Matt in that state. He fell into a deep depression for two months. I had finally went to his room to get him out of bed. I made him shower and get dressed.

We drove on a main road going straight for two hours till we got to the next city just talking about anything and everything.

We went to a pizza parlor and both ate a whole pizza on our own. Matt seemed somewhat happy.

Over the next two months he got back into sports and got his grades back on track. Occasionally, he'd sink back into his depression or he'd occasionally have an anxiety attack.

He visited his dad every Sunday, after church, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

We hung out lots. Matt and I had become the best of friends. My feelings developed even more for him.

Today, we were headed to the movies. Friday was our night where we spent lots of time with each other.

I got in the shower and washed my hair. Stepping out carefully I wrapped the towel around myself very snug and brushed my hair and teeth. Then, I dried myself off completely and put my white lace underwear and matching bra on. I glided deodorant on because I definitely didn't want to stink. I rubbed lotion on because you always have to moisturized.

I put a pair of high waisted jeans, a white half shirt and wraped a maroon flannel around my waist. I blow dried and straightened my hair and put on a pair of white converse on.

I did my makeup, putting a light layer of silver and black smokey eye shadow, burgundy lipstick, with winged eye liner and a touch of mascara to finish off the look.

I put on my fake nose ring in. I was ready.

Matt wanted to go to the 9:00 showing of The Amazing Spiderman 2. It was 8:00. I decided to head out over to his house. I give my mom a kiss and grab the keys.

"Be safe! Your curfew is at one in the morning. I gave you an extra hour because I know the movie is long." She smiled at me and waved goodbye.

As I drove to Matt's house, I thought about the first time that we had gone out together. The party, the lake. The kiss. It was perfect.

It was dark out and I pushed a button on my radio and it began to play Pretty by the Weeknd. He was one of my favorite artists.

By the time the song was almost over, I pulled into Matt's house. I rang the doorbell and his mom opened it. She had a weak smile on her face as she greeted me. Matt told me she was in an even bigger funk than he was and she was just barely starting to get better. He spent almost every Saturday taking her out and trying to make her feel better.

"Matthew is still getting ready." She nodded her head and gestured for me to take a seat on the couch. As I did, she smiled and walked out of the room.

He came down the stairs in a black button down and khaki skinny jeans and white vans. His hair was combed up and as he walked, he ran his long fingers through it.

"Hey babe. You look stunning." He winked at me before I got up and we hugged.

He kissed my forehead before saying, "It's about 8:15. If we want a good seat, we should get going." He smiled and I nodded.

We both interlocked fingers before walking out the door. I climbed into his SUV and he did, too. He started the ignition and pulled out of the driveway.

He put on Classic by MKTO and smiled at me, then looking back at the road. He put his hand on my thigh, giving a tight squeeze, a habit of his.

We drove in silence on our way to the movie theater. When we got there, he bought us popcorn and candy and bought each of us a soda.

"Thank you, I told you I could have split the bill with you."

"No. My treat. I'm taking you out. And by the way, that's hot." He says before quickly touching my fake nose piercing.

I looked at him then to the ground, blushing. We walked into the theater and sat at the very top in the corner. The theater was not too filled.

The commercials started and we looked at each other every time a preview of a movie came on, telling each other "I want to see that."

The movie began and it was really interesting, but it had some slow parts. One was really boring and Matt could tell I was getting bored, so he leaned over and kissed me. It was the first kiss we had had in about a month.

That small kiss developed into a make out session. An old lady with a Spiderman shirt on threw popcorn backwards at us and said "Get it youngsters. I wish my husband would do that with me." before she chuckled and her husband lightly slapped her arm playfully.

Matt and I stopped kissing out of embarrassment.

He leaned into my ear and whispered, "We'll save that for later."

Hey guys! sorry for such a late update. ugh. I've been so busy with traveling.

THIS STORY REACHED 1K READS. IF YOU LISTEN CLOSELY YOU CAN HEAR ME CRYING AND SCREAMING. OMFG.

I love you guys so much.

can this chapter get some comments and votes. I NEED YOUR OPINIONS.