Twelve

We both put our clothes back on and sit in a lovely silence. The kind that is relaxing and comforting. Finally, Matt breaks the silence.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

I shrug and nestle my head into his chest. He wraps his arms around me and we both fall asleep.

In the middle of the night, I wake up and look at him sleeping. His eyelids fully closed and his face so relaxed. His breathes were steady and heavy. The comforting sound of him breathing put me back to sleep.

In the morning I wake up to Matt not in bed, but the smell of breakfast. I climb out of bead and grab my toothbrush. Walking to the bathroom, the smell gets even stronger. As I brush my teeth, I think about last night and how amazing it was.

After brushing my teeth, washing my face and attempting to tidy up my hair, I walk downstairs. I see Matt helping his mom cook breakfast. I sit on the bar stool near the kitchen counter. He turned around and gave me a bright smile.

"Good morning gorgeous. How'd you sleep?" he smiled as he talked.

"Great, thank you." I shyly smile.

"How was the guest bedrooms bed? Was it comfy enough?" Matts mom asks.

I glance over at Matt and see him winking at me nervously.

"It was extremely comfortable. I sleot like a baby." I smiled at her.

"Good. I slept on the couch down here. I was so tired. I meant to check on you two but I fell right to sleep as you guys walked upstairs."

Matt and I shyly laughed.

When breakfast was ready we all sat down amd ate. It was a lovely meal. They both knew how to cook.

"Thank you guys for breakfast."

I walked over to the sink and started to wash dishes before Matts mom came over and said, "Oh, hun,  don't worry about that! I've got it."

Matt came and insisted we do dishes together and I agreed. We talked about pizza and new cities to go to as we washed dishes.