Seven.

After he said "no" he hung up. I swear he might have cried if I weren't there. He got up and hesitated for a second and hugged me tight. Without a word, he left.

My mom got home right after Matt had left. I told her about how he stopped by at lunch hour and stayed. I also told her about the emergency call from his mother.

I had tried to call him about an two hours after he left. He didn't answer, but he did send a text message.

Matt: My dad. He's in the hospital. He might not make it. I just need some time.

Lily: I'm here when you need me, Matt.

I felt the medicine I had taken earlier wear off slowly and my head began to pound. Before I knew it, I was rushing to the bathroom, where I hung my head over the toilet and barfed.

I get up and brush me teeth and walk back downstairs. After I take a dose of more medicine, I pick up my phone.

"Hello?" I answer. The other line was filled with sniffles and crying.

"He's gone." His voice cracked as he spoke.

"Where are you?" I ask him.

"South West Hospital. Why?" He sounded contested and you could hear the pain in his voice.

"Matt. I can't let you deal with this on your own."

"You really don't have to." He sounded like he was in tears again.

"I'm on my way."

I grab my mom's car keys and tell her where I'm going and why.

After my mom heard about Mattos father, her facial expression went blank and then turned into a visible sadness.

"Send my condolences out to him and his family." She sadly sighed shook her head.

When I arrive at the hospital I see Matt sitting on one of the concrete benches. His head hanging low and tears pouring out of his eyes, staining the concrete.