Eight.

I walked up to him and sat on the bench next to him. He sniffled repeatedly. I had never seen him in such a low state. He was the popular, outgoing smiley kid. And right now he was completely broken.

I pulled him into a tight embrace and he hugged me back. His body was warm and when I felt him start to cry, tears slipped out of my eyes.

We must have stayed crying for thirty minutes with each other.

We finally pulled away and thats when Matt stood up and looked at me face to face. His eyes were red and puffy. His face was red from crying. He outstretched a hand to help me up off of the bench.

I stood up and he pulled me into an embrace.

"Thank you for coming." He sounded congested. His voice was deeper and sounded stuffy.

"Matt, I wanted to come."

"Thank you. I needed you right now."

He rocked me back and forth and we interlocked our fingers.

"Let's get out of here." Matt suggested.

"Matt, are you sure?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah. I cant be here much longer. I might have another break down." I could hear the sadness in his voice.

I tightened my grip on his hand and walked him to my car. We were going to go to a local ice cream parlor called "frosty cream."

He didn't know where we were going, but I wanted to take him to pick up the ice cream then go to the lake. I wanted to get his mind off of things.

I am so sorry this was so short. I have had absolutely no time. BUT I am going to California tomorrow and I will have time to write while driving up there. So expect LOTS of updates. <3