22: "I Loved Him Too"|| Cake♡

-I'm so sorry it's late, it's late because of how bad I am at school, anyway on with the chapter   :-) I hope it's long enough for you all-
Also the spacing is really awkward and yeah whoops :-) I haven't edited this perfectly (not at all) so judge me in the nicest way possible--

It All Started With a Dare || Cake♡
Chapter Twenty-Two: "I Loved Him Too".

Somewhere after midnight

In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me

Calum POV♡

As I pace through the hospital's waiting room I remember every little detail on Luke's pale face.

"What do you mean he's not getting better?" Ashton's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

"Well, he isn't getting better" I repeat and my voice goes croaky.
"Hey, it's okay," Ashton says and his voice is oddly soothing, "he's going to get better for all of us."

"Calum, take deep breaths" Ashton murmurs calmly through the phone to me but I can't find the will too, "then tell me what's wrong."

"I can't Ashton" I reply and tears slip from my eyes and trail down my face. I couldn't find myself to tell him the horrible news.

"Please Cal, tell me what's wrong?" Ashton asks softly for the tenth time on the phone, "he's my boyfriend."

"Luke," I hiccup and more tears appear and blur up my vision, "he...he has to have surgery."
"Why, what did he do to possibly have to get surgery" Ashton says back.

"He...he cut too deep, they're saying that he cut something important and they have to check and place in a fake one to help move the blood" I huff out and angrily wipe my face.

"When?"
"Tomorrow 5 pm the latest" I answer.

"Niall says that he's going to get one of the One Direction boys to pick you up" Ashton says after a short pause, ignoring my answer.

"Why?" I start to panic, "I don't want to leave Luke when he goes to surgery."
"No, for tonight" Ashton replies and quickly adds, "Because you are going insane."

I laugh at this and hiccup right after, Ashton always knows how to make me laugh.

"When are they going to come?" I mutter and Ashton whispers in the background to someone.

"Michael says they're coming now, Louis and Liam are staying in a hotel near-by" Ashton reassures me but I start to shake, I couldn't leave Luke alone in this place.

I just wasn't the type of boyfriend to do that.
I mean, I wasn't the type of Fake boyfriend to do that.

"Oh alright" I say back and I imagine Luke waking up to see no body there. I would kill somebody if that happened.

Well not really but whatever.

"Calum?" Ashton says and I nod, "Calum? Take big breaths I love you, my phone is about to run-" then the phone goes silent.

"You okay, buddy?" Just as I put my phone down Jack comes back into the waiting room.
"Yeah, I'm dandy" I reply, forcing myself to smile and Jack smiles back at me.

"Mum's not okay, she's not okay with him here in this place" Jack says and sits next to me, on one of the chairs.

"I don't blame her" I mutter and Jack nods his head slowly.