Natural Instinct

As I stepped inside, to see a woman giggling, singing.

This must be Joe's wife, Bianca.

Aurei gets shoved behind me, causing both of us to fall to the ground.

"Both of you can share a room, and you'll get some food tomorrow." Joe said.

"Jaun bring them in their room, don't forget to lock it." Joe warns.

Jaun leads me into the room with Aurei, it had a mattress, and a radio, it had no windows so we couldn't climb out, and it was pretty cold.

Aurei sits on the mattress, before Jaun closes the door, I spot an hatchet against the wall.

As we heard the door lock, Aurei held her head in her hands.

I walked over to her, sitting down beside her and putting my arm around her shoulder.

"I'm okay." Aurei said, looking down.

"I know you better than that." I argue, looking her in the eyes.

"Just scared." She admits, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Don't be, you have to be strong. Even when you feel like you're about to piss your pants...don't show it to them, because you're not vulnerable." I said, looking down.

"We gotta get out of here." Aurei whispers.

"And we will, but you can't panic." I said as I stood up.

"I wish Dad was here..." Aurei mutters, curling herself into a ball.

Soon as she said that, I grew silent. Dad taught me ways to survive out in the woods.

"Just get some rest Aurei, God knows that you need it." I mutter, sauntering close to the door, pressing my ear against it.

"Your wife isn't right Joe." A familiar edgy voice said calmly.

"Bianca is fine, she's just a little nuts but she's not crazy Adam." I heard Joe protest.

"Sorry Joe...I'm just-"

"Shut the fuck up Adam! Go to sleep, we have a big day in the morning..." Joe

Bianca...no wonder she was dancing as if she was drunk...she's gone.

Dad always said that once a person loses everything...they would put it all on theirselves and lose it...once they do they are far gone....

Even though I'm not a huge femnist, Joe was heavily against women and how they fight. Although Joe lost a son, and his wife....for that, I pity him.

But these men were sexist, if I would, I would kill Bianca and make them follow us and become roamer bait.

But I had to watch Aurei, whatever I do she does later on...

Monkey see, monkey do...to follow my drift.

Like when I started swearing, she did too. I started to cry less, and so did she. Aurei can go from a annoying little sister to a quiet, very mature girl, and she did.