Mistakes

Joey POV

How? Is what I keep asking myself. How could've I been so lost in someone's eyes?

Meghan asked if I wanted her stay to talk about it. I said no. I didn't really want to be around anyone. And the last thing I wanted was to talk about the situation.

Daniel wouldn't stop texting me. He called once but it only rang three times. He must have realize it was a bad idea for me to hear his voice, because it was. I didn't want to speak to him. I checked the messages.

*TEXT MESSAGES

Daniel: Joey. Can we talk?

Daniel: Call me.

Daniel: Can I come over?

Daniel: Text me back please.

Daniel: I want to explain myself. There is more to the story.
------------

I didnt reply, he had nothing to explain.

I've been sitting on the couch looking at my old Instagram Pictures. The pictures with me and Daniel made me cry over and over again. Thinking about the exact day the picture was taken. How in love I was......How much of a idiot I was.

How could I have not noticed? Was it something I did? Was he not in love with me anymore. Did he not care for me? I was so in love... I didn't know he was drifting away. All the times he said I love you where just lies. Everytime we kissed he thought of that other guy. The times we made love, were just his stupid ways to show he was still committed to the relationship. When he wasn't. How Could I be so stupid, to be in love with someone who didn't love me back. How?

Yet, I wanna forgive him. But I know I can't.

Shane POV

I hadn't moved. I've been sitting on the floor for three hours. Rethinking why Ryland would hurt me like that.

I cried every time I thought about the image of Ryland holding, kissing, loving someone else, other than me.

I sat in sound of  my phone ringing and ringing indicating that Ryland was calling, texting, and leaving voicemails. I couldn't move. I didn't have the strength to take out my phone from my pocket. To answer or check the constant messages I was receiving. He wasn't worth it.

I kept making excuses in my mind, why Ryland would have done this. Maybe he thought about me while this affair happened. Or maybe he just wanted attention from someone.

But I loved Ryland enough to give him whatever he wanted or needed. I was a wonderful boyfriend to him. The fact that he threw all that away. For a lousy hook up. I could never forgive him.

I hate to admit it but, I want to forgive Ryland. To tell him its okay. That I love him.

The sad part is, I knew he wouldn't say it back. Yet I still wanted him to hold me. Kiss my forehead and say the three magical words that I never knew I needed to survive.

I love you.

His love was a drug I knew I couldn't heal from.

But this whole Shyland relationship was just a-

Joey POV

-big mistake.

---------------------