I love you too.

Shane POV

I took a Uber home. As I was in the car I thought about Joey.

How beautiful and soft his lips were. I love him. And I can't bear another minute with out him.

I have to tell Ryland.

-----------------------

When I got home Ryland was sitting on the couch watching YouTube. Uno and Cheeto were on the couch asleep. He quickly stood up. His movement woke up Uno and Cheeto. A frown grew on his face.

Ryland: Where have you been?

I ignored his question.

Shane: You hungry? We should order something.

Ryland: I already did. I-there is left over pizza in the fridge.

I nodded. I was hoping while we waited for food, it would give me time to think on what to say to Ryland.

I shook my head. I sat across from Ryland on the couch and cupped one hand to my face. I let out a huge sigh.

Ryland: What's wrong baby?

I began to sob.

Shane: This isn't going to work Ryland, and we know it. This relationship feels forceful.

Ryland rubbed his red eyes and choked back a sob.

Shane: I'm starting to have feelings for someone else.

Ryland: Well that was quick. I hope it isn't a stranger.

I let out a small chuckle.

Shane: No, actually. Someone from my past who I have known has re connected with me.

Ryland: Lisa?

Shane: No, Joey actually.

He stayed quiet for a while, thinking.

Ryland: Oh, and you've been with him during this "errand" correct?

Shane: Yes. And Look, you have a right to be mad-

Ryland: I'm not mad. I like Joey. And you're right. As much as I would like to have saved this relationship, I don't want you to be unhappy with me because I love you Shane, you're my best friend.

Ryland stood up from the couch and walked towards me. I did the same and hugged Ryland. We began to sob into each other's arms.

Shane: I love you too.

————————————

This has been officially my record of taking the longest time ever to publish a new chapter. I'm sorry. But next chapter is the ending, I'm afraid so.