Chapter 13

Louis POV

The little bag sat on the table in plain sight. Liam swallowed thickly.

"They're razors Louis," he said. It was almost a whimper, his fake confidence so forced, I felt sick. They were still trying to hide something from me.

"Bullshit," I bit. I stared at the bag.

They couldn't keep it from me anymore. I saw Harry's discarded one next to the toilet. It was caked on. His blood.

"You were smart enough to put the bat, or hammer or whatever the fuck you used to break the mirror away, but you didn't pick up the fucking blade. Why are you hiding this from me?!" I yelled.

"Because Harry asked us not to tell you!" Liam blurted.

I froze.

"How long as this been going on," I said through gritted teeth.

"When he ran off the stage is when I found out," Liam said. "But Harry.."

"THAT WAS LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO!!!" I raged.

"SHUT UP LOUIS!" Zayn yelled. "Let Liam finish for God's sake!"

Liam swallowed again and continued.

"Harry said he started about 5 months earlier."

My knees gave in and I fell back down on the couch. I hadn't even realized I had stood up. I was literally inches from Liam's face. That explained Zayn's anger.

"Sorry," I whimpered. "I just.."

Liam came over to the couch and sat down next to me. Zayn protested, but Liam shook his head.

"Louis isn't going to hurt me Zayn. He's just scared like the rest of us."

I turned and looked at Liam. His eyes were blurry. Mine were filling up.

"I'm sorry Lou," he croaked out. "We didn't want to keep it from you but Harry asked us to."

"Why?" I asked.

"He didn't want to hurt you, so he.."

"No Liam," I said. "Why does he cut?"

Liam cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"Cmon guys... Please," I said quietly. I was on the verge of breaking down. Part of me felt like hitting Liam, part of me felt like hugging him, and another felt like curling up in a ball and sobbing.

I refrained from doing any of it, and just stared at them.

Niall was the first to talk.

"Well, there's something about Harry that you may not know," he said slowly.

I nodded, urging him to continue. Liam took over.

"Harry's... Well... He's gay."

My eyes widened.

"No.." I said. "But I said.."

I was lost for words.

"Harry attempted suicide," Zayn said, the words that the others didn't want to say.

"Because I said that at the movie..." I croaked tears streaming down my face. I stood up slowly.

"He attempted to kill himself because I was a selfish jerk," I said.

They looked at me like I could shatter any minute. They had every right to. It was only a matter of seconds before I bolted out the front door. I ran as fast as my legs could go, my chest burning and heaving. They followed me in the car, but they didn't try to stop me. They let me run, the tears flying freely off my cheeks. I was shaking.