Chapter 22 (the final chapter)

Louis POV

"No way!!" I yelled.

Harry nodded enthusiastically.

"I don't know why, but it's back!! Look!" He said. He slowly reached up and placed his finger on my nose.

I laughed.

Liam looked at Harry.

"That's SO great!" He said, "I have to call the boys!!" He bounded down the hall. I turned my eyes back to Harry's.

"So.." I said.

"Is it too much to ask for you to kiss me again?" Harry asked.

"Haz," I said. "We should talk first."

"Haz..." He repeated. Then he threw his arms around me. "God I've missed you."

"I've been right here the entire time." I said. "Why didn't you come to me when you were getting harassed?"

Harry looked down to the floor.

"Louis.. I..." He stopped. Liam was coming back.

"Niall and Zayn are thrilled!" He said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Niall's for dinner at 7?"

Harry and I nodded.

"Did you...?" I said.

"No Louis, I didn't tell the boys about you two yet." He said. "I'm not entirely clear on what you two are!"

"To be honest Liam, neither are we," I said. Harry nodded.

"Well, I should shower up anyway," he said with a smile. "See you at Niall's!"

Harry and I waited in silence until the door closed.

"We need to catch up Boo," Harry said. He started walking down the hall, out to the livingroom. I followed him, my heartrate escalating slightly.

He flopped down onto the couch, and patted next to him. I sat down, and comfortably edged closer to him, to the point where I was leaning in on his side.

"What were you saying before Liam came down the hall?" Harry asked me.

"Actually it was you. You were talking about why you never came to me," I responded, frowning.

"Oh.." He said. "Right.."

"Well?" I asked.

"I don't want to hurt you Louis," he said, looking at me with wide eyes.

"You won't," I said, desperate.

"Just tell me one thing first."

"Anything," I said.

"Do you really love me Lou? Really and truthfully?" He pleaded.

"No, I just ran down the hallway and snogged you because I'm a straight man who hates you," I said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes.

"Haz," I said, getting serious. "I think that a small part of me has always loved you. Since the very beginning. I was just afraid to admit it."

He smiled softly.

"I stayed with you everyday. I never left the hospital. I couldn't. You looked so small."

"I know," he said. "I always hear talk about being able to hear what people say when you're in a coma. That's bullshit, but I could feel you. I knew you were there, and it felt terrible knowing that you were literally inches away. I wanted to wake up, to get up and wrap my arms around you, tell you everything. It was so hard to deal with it mentally. When I finally was able to open my eyes, but it was black, I had no way to see you, and to tell you. Plus, for two weeks I was on constant watch. I couldn't get to you alone. By the time that I could, I was too afraid to talk to you."