Epilogue

GIOVANNI JACKSON (UNCLE GIO) has had difficulty adjusting to life behind bars. He received two broken arms during a fight with a fellow inmate. He is scheduled to be released in 2029.

GLADYS DUNN used the money from her second book to buy a farm in Spain. She lives on the land with her son KIAN DUNN, who makes curry, stew or paella every day for the thirty former Fort Harmony residents who joined them. Gladys jokingly refers to her farm as 'Fort Harmony 2, but warmer and without the mud.'

CATHY DUNN sold the Land Cruiser, purchased a round-the-world air ticket and went backpacking in Australia.

SEBASTIAN DUNN was released from police custody without charge. The stabbing of the policeman was classified as an accident. The policeman returned to duty a few months later.

Sebastian now lives in a cottage in Craddogh with his mother and brother CLARK DUNN. Sebastian and Clark have denied links to a number of cats that have disappeared since their arrival in the village.

FIRE & WORLD DUNN were tried and convicted at the Old Bailey in London. They were each sentenced to life in prison. The Judge recommended they serve a minimum of twenty-five years.

As SCARGILL DUNN was only seventeen and had no previous criminal convictions, he was sentenced to only four years in a young offenders' prison. With early release for good behaviour he could be out within two years. He has begun studying for A-level exams and hopes to go to university after he is released.

Police suspect ELEANOR EVANS is a member of Help Earth who helped to plan the anthrax attacks on Petrocon 2004. No evidence was found and she was released from custody without charge. She now lives in Brighton with her mother, her son GREGORY EVANS and her newly born daughter Tiffany.

BRIAN 'BUNGLE' EVANS slipped M15 surveillance after a few weeks. He is now one of the world's most wanted men. Police in Britain, the United States, France and Venezuela all wish to question him about terrorist activity.

JOANNA RIBBLE was disappointed that BENJAMIN ROSS didn't write or call. She now has a new boyfriend. Ash kept her paper aeroplane and the photograph of the tree where they first kissed.

BROCK NEWMAN returned from his eighteenth mission and finally got his navy CHERUB shirt. He was reportedly 'upset' that Ash got his navy shirt before him. Brock reckons Ash only got the navy shirt because Oak felt sorry for him when he got anthrax.

GARY OAK & SERENA BLANCHE frequently remind Ash that although he earned a navy shirt, they have both done more missions than him and can easily kick his butt any time he starts to get cocky.

MISTY WATERFLOWER hopes to complete a couple more missions before she leaves CHERUB and goes to university.

LEAF KETCHUM (formerly LEAF JACKSON) is enjoying life at CHERUB. She starts basic training shortly after her tenth birthday in September 2017.

ASH KETCHUM (formerly ASH RYAN) got his Karate black belt shortly after returning from his mission. His exuberant celebrations ended badly and his punishment was one month cleaning up in the CHERUB kitchen every night after dinner.

He is currently preparing for his second mission.

Thank you for reading The Recruit. I hope you enjoyed this story and my twist on a popular and world renown book series. I know I could have staggered the chapter releases to get more reads at this current moment, but over time, I hope more read this.

Thanks for the votes and kind comments on this project, as it's the biggest one yet that I've undertaken. I hope that with the sequels that they get the same respect and honesty with it, so I thank all of you.

I will have one last update when I release the sequel, but hat won't be for around a month, so till then, thank you all for everything and I'll see you in around a month.