Chapter Twenty Five: Road Trips and Endless Nights.

Adeline breathes in deeply, sleeping through the wailing of the doorbell as it rings softly.

Luca moves away from his place in the kitchen, setting down the plate he was cleaning and wiping his hands on the dish towel as she walks towards the door, putting the towel over his shoulder.

He opens the door to see Jason blossom, upright, looking quite thinned out but still healthy.

"Hey Jason," He says, intentionally holding out his left hand for sake of Jason's injured arm.

Jason smiles shaking Luca's hand firmly, "Hi, Mr. Bruno."

He opens the door further for the young ginger to walk in, "Ornella, Leo, and Rosa are getting some ice cream for dessert, they're getting a cone for myself and a pint for Della."

Jason grins at this, shoving his right hand into his pocket, "Where's Addie?"

"She's in the living room, she slept through dinner. We tried to wake her up but she wouldn't budge... hopefully you'll have better luck."

Jason just nods, thanking her father before walking around to see the couch and around to look at the girl who likes asleep on it.

A trail of drool lines her squished cheeks, breaths deeper than Jason's ever heard from her.

He refrains from awing before sitting just before her, brushing the stray wisps from her eyes.

She doesn't even move, not a single flinch.

"Addie?"

She remains full burrito mode in the blankets, head rested on her pillow pet.

Jason gently traces her cheek bone, smoothing her hair that has begun to curl at the ends.

As he glances up, expecting to find her green eyes, perhaps sleepy at the least, but instead he finds her still fast asleep.

"Addie?" He asks softly, rubbing her shoulder comfortingly, to which she doesn't respond.

He presses kisses all over her face, soon enough treated by a sleepy giggle.

He smiles, and pulls away, looking at her, "Are you alive now?"

She shakes her head, eyes still closed as she lets her teeth sink softly into her bottom lip.

"No."

He pouts, "Well that's just awful because you've gotta be bright eyed and bushy tailed when your handsome boyfriend is here don't you?"

She smiles, "Says the boy who falls asleep, as in practically unconscious, when I play with his hair."

He pouts once more, "That's not fair, baby, you know you're my kryptonite."

She smiles once more, peaking open her green eyes, "What time is it?"

"Eight."

Her eyes widen, "Huh?"

He chuckles, "Your dad was thoroughly convinced you were going to sleep all night."

"Dad! How long was I asleep?"

"Five hours!" He calls back.

Adeline blinks, "Well shit."

And then, Jason is in a fit of laughter that he can't stop.

Adeline pouts, "What?"

"Yo-You cursing I-is-is," he breaks out into another fit of giggles, "Oh my god, you're so precious."