Chapter Twenty Nine: A Lifetime of Adventures.

"That's it," Adeline nods, chewing on her nails as Jason lays stomach down on her bed, watching her pace, "I'm calling Harvard."

"Maybe they just haven't gotten through everyone, Beautiful."

She shakes her head, "Gorgeous, you got yours ages ago, we graduate in three two weeks, baby, there's no way."

He nods softly, and it's at that moment that her phone blares through the room.

The Massachusetts area code makes Adeline squeak, as she answers, putting the phone on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Miss Adeline Sagewater?"

Misses Adeline Blossom, Jason think silently, smiling to himself, it had a nice ring to it.

"Yes."

"Hi, this is Cindy Jonson, from the board of directors here at Harvard. The staff tells me you haven't responded to our letter nor have you put anything out on the college you're attending."

"Let..." Adeline trails off, "I didn't receive a letter Miss Johnson."

She's silent for a moment, a soft shuffling in the background, "Your address is four sixty one juniper lane, Riverdale USA?"

"Four fifty one, Juniper Grove, Riverdale USA."

"I apologise for the mistake, and I'll make sure to send you a new letter, have you decided?"

Adeline glances at Jason and he nods rapidly, "I would love to attend and be apart of Harvard University."

"Well we are more than happy to have you on board, we'll see you at orientation, miss Sagewater."

Adeline hangs up, before dropping her phone on the bed.

She looks and Jason and he stares back a grin on his lips before she screams.

He picks her up, wrapping her in his arms as he kisses her softly, "We're going to college together."

•••

"Jason."

The boy doesn't move, face presses again the pillow, deep breaths leaving his parted lips.

"Jason."

He hums half heartedly, slipping back into sleep.

"Jason William Blossom."

With the sound of his middle name, Jason shoots up, fear evident in his blue eyes.

Her eyes fill with concern as she watches him exhale heavily, relief clear in his features, "The middle name is how you know you're in it deep."

Adeline gently kisses his forehead, "Do you wanna go on an adventure?"

"Anywhere with you."

She grins softly, kissing his cheek, and wrapping her arms around him.

He gently laces his long arms around her waist kissing her cheek, "So what are you thinking of doing baby?"

She hums, "I have an idea."

•••
"Were actually driving four hours to New York for ice cream," Jason murmurs from his seat in Adeline's car, glancing over at her.

She grins, "Oh, but we are baby."

He sighs softly and rests his head on her shoulder.

"Jason?"

He lift his head looking at her as she laces her fingers with his, "Thank you for doing this with me."

He sends her a gentle smile, "Whenever, wherever, whatever."

And then he yawns softly, bending over and resting his head black down on her shoulder.

He hums along softly with the radio, and Adeline smiles, "I like when you sing."

He chuckles softly, nuzzling his face again her shoulder until slowly his deep breaths fill the car, and Adeline can't help but realise that she's finally found home in someone.
•••
They sit at the quiet booth in Ray's sharing an ice cream bowl that Jason is convinced they will not finish.

"I'm a hungry guy, like all the time, but there's no way Ads."

She pats his shoulder, taking a huge scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream, "That's why I'm here."

Jason takes a hug scoop of ice cream, "Bring it on."

He smiles at her, nudging her shoulder as he eats another spoonful of ice cream.

And as Jason watched Adeline scoop out the last scoop of ice cream and into her mouth with a smirk, "Wow, look who proved you wrong?"

Jason pouts, "But that's my job."

She grins, "We can share it."

He nods, "Sharing is caring."

She giggles kissing his cheek, sinking into his chest.
•••
"We actually just drove four hours for a huge bowl of ice cream," Jason says, "And then drove back."

Adeline giggles, nodding and resting her head on his chest, "Yeah."

He shakes his head, resting it against the head board, "What's wrong with us?"

She shakes her head, "There's nothing wrong with a little adventure."

He smiles faintly, and she snuggles against him, head rested on his chest.

"Are you tired?"

She hums softly, nodding sleepily, Jason gently moves to lie on his back, Adeline's head on his chest as she does so.

"I'm gutted."

She hums, shifting, "And why is that?"

"My six pack is nearly gone," He says, "Do you still love me?"

She nods, pressing her hand sleepily against his mouth, "I'm not going to stop loving you because you don't have a six pack, you're my home."

He chuckles quietly, and she shifts once more, sleeping acting as a truth serum, "I didn't mean to fall in love with you."

Jason's face unknowingly falls but she continues, "But they call it falling in love for a reason, one little nudge and your falling hard in a deep pit, but somehow, you know they'll be there to catch you."

Jason runs his fingers through her curls, pressing kiss to her forehead as they drift off, knowing that he would give anything for a lifetime of adventures with her.