ninteen

j a c q u e l i n e

Jacqueline smiled and pressed call as soon as she went on Francis' number. Not even a bell later, he answered.

"Hey, lovely," he greeted her, making Jacqueline smile more.

"D-Don't call me t-that!" She shyly scolded him, all the while struggling to keep the tint of red on her cheeks at bay. "J would be f-fine."

"I agree to disagree. Lovely is much better because that, my dear, is a fact, one that everyone should know," and then after a short pause, "When will you disclose your name to me, J? You know mine."

"I. . ." She trailed of, unsure of how to reply to that. Was she ready to tell her name to Francis just now? Had they established that kind of a relationship where she could reveal her name to him without hesitation?

"It's alright if you don't want to," he assured her. "I won't push you at all."

No. He deserves to know it. I think it's time. You can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, you can bloody well do it!

"My name, Francis," she clutched the phone tightly, breathing uneven. "My name, is J-Jac-Jacqueline. My name is Jacqueline Leroy."

Their was no response from the other end and Jacqueline became worried and ashamed. Hot tears were coming out of her eyes instantly and she was close to throwing her phone away on the floor.

I knew I shouldn't have told him my name. He must've despised it and-

"It's beautiful," Francis said just then, breaking her out of her thoughts. "Your name is simply beautiful, Jacqueline. And I must say, all of this suspense about finding your name was making me feel like a detective."

Jacqueline breathed a sigh of relief, scolding herself for worrying about such a pretty issue. She immediately wiped her tears away as well.

"Jacqueline?"

"I-I was worried for a second there," she confessed, feeling light hearted. "So now you know my name. . ."

"Now I know your beautiful name, Jacqueline," Francis confirmed, adding in the beautiful part with confidence. "No more typing J on my messages and no more wondering and guessing. Phew."

Jacqueline laughed, now wishing to capture this moment and put it on repeat for the rest of her life. "That's one mystery unraveled a-about me."

"Hey mate, stop talking to your secret lover and come on. We've got a new place to see and the tour guide is not going to take no for an answer. Says it's important."

"W-Who was that?" Jacqueline had sensed what was about to happen, yet she questioned Francis about it.

"Sorry Jacqueline," he sighed in a dreamy. "Gosh, I'm in love with your name," Jacqueline blushed again, unable to control it. "Anyways, we have to go to another site, so I'll talk to you later, yeah?"

"Sure," she answered in a despondent manner. "Later then."

"Bye," he said. "Love you!" And the line went dead.

Love you? Did he just love you? No, he couldn't possibly mean it, could he? Yes, it was rushed and immediate. He didn't mean it. He couldn't mean it.

But still, the blush on her cheeks was increasing and more evident. Rushed or not, the effect his love you had left on her was longlasting and that, that was enough to make her day prefect, or something near to it at least.

 Rushed or not, the effect his love you had left on her was longlasting and that, that was enough to make her day prefect, or something near to it at least

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Like, Share and Comment!