Getting better

Hiccup's ​eyes fluttered open. He was lying on a soft, warm surface. He racked his brains, trying to recall the night before but his mind was blank. 
Turning his head slightly, he saw Astrid sitting in a chair beside him.
Toothless had his head in her lap as she gently rubbed his back.
Seeing his friend awake, his ears shot up and he purred.
Astrid looked over and gasped with delight.
"Hiccup" she said giving him a gentle hug.
"How do feel?"
"Better but confused. What happened last night? How'd I get here?" Hiccup asked.
Before Astrid could reply, Toothless was licking Hiccup's face happily.
"Toothless" Hiccup grinned trying to shove the dragon's head away but he was weak so it didn't make a difference. Toothless didn't stop. He continued to cover Hiccup in slobber.
"Astrid help...! Oh Thor I think some got into my mouth!" Hiccup exclaimed spitting at the ground.
"Alright Toothless. You don't want to drown him" Astrid chuckled.
The dragon backed off and sat beside the bed.
Astrid dried Hiccup's face with a towel the best she could.
"Forget it Astrid. Dragon slobber dosen't wash out" Hiccup said with a small smile.
Astrid stopped and studied Hiccup.
"Honestly, how do you feel?"
"Well. I don't feel like I'm going to throw up, I don't have a headache. I only feel weak that's all. After a few days, I'll be back on my feet."
"Oh I don't think so mister. You'll be in bed until I'm satisfied" Astrid said sharply. "Astrid. I've been stuck in bed for ages" Hiccup whined.
Astrid giggled at her friend's childish behaviour.
"C'mon. Medicine time Hiccup" she said getting the bottle and pouring it on to a spoon.
"It tastes disgusting" Hiccup told her.
"Deal with it. It's the only thing that helps" Astrid told him.
Hiccup pulled a face that made Astrid laugh again.
"Do I have to?" Hiccup asked. "Yes now open up" Astrid told him.
Hiccup clamped his mouth shut and shook his head.
"Oh that's how you want to play it hmm? Toothless pin him down."
The Night Fury flopped on to Hiccup. Completely forcing him to stay in that position until he got off.
Astrid began tickling Hiccup's sides. The boy scrunched up his face but refused to laugh.
"Come on Hiccup. We both know you can't hold out for long" Astrid teased.
She went for his armpits. That did it. Hiccup lost his resistance.
As soon as he began laughing freely, Astrid tipped the liquid in.
Hiccup choked and pulled another face.
"It's disgusting" he said once he had swallowed.
"Well, it'll help" Astrid told him as Toothless got off him.
"Did you have to tickle me to get me to open my mouth?" Hiccup asked.
"You weren't giving me much choice" Astrid shrugged.
"Now get some more rest."
Hiccup nodded with a yawn and got comfortable. It wasn't long before soft snores came from him.
Astrid smiled at Toothless who returned the expression.

They both knew Hiccup was getting better.