Lovely Lady?

"Lovely lady? Are you alright? I just saw you crying and hugging Shadow, so I thought you might need some comforting," a voice sounds behind me. I sit straight up and turn my head.

"P- Prince Licht?!" I gasp and immediately stand up. "I'm so sorry if I troubled you in any way. If you want me to-"

"No, no. You're not bothering me. Your tears are bothering me," Prince Licht swats his hand and then sits down next to me, "so please, tell me what's making your beautiful face so sad."

I smile gratefully. Although he's the palace's playboy, he's still nice. Especially to girls.

"Thank you, Prince Licht. However, I cannot tell you what's troubling me because then you'll probably get really bored and I'm sure you have many things to do." I then notice his casual attire that's more common in town. Usually the princes wear clean black uniform-like jackets. "You must be going out into town."

"Hm? Oh, yeah. Well, you're wrong about the part that I'll get bored. I'm used to it. But you're right about me being pretty busy today. I heard that you're a maid for Kai? Man, he gets a lot of the fun and pretty ones," he smiles, "but I'm not complaining about the one I have though. She's cute. Oh sit down, sit down."

I quickly sit down. "Oh, she's actually a very close friend of mine. Please, could you take care of her? Well... I don't mean-"

"Don't worry," he holds a finger to my lips, "my lady protests too much." Then he traces his finger to the side of my mouth and pulls it up, forcing me to half-smile. "Now you do the other side."

I just stare at him for a second and then I force myself to smile. He smiles too and tilts his head sideways. Omigod he looks like an angel.

"You're so cute." His hand lingers for a second and then he gently brings it back to his side. My smile drops and I sigh.

"Please don't make me force myself to smile, Prince Licht," I look at him.

"Sorry!" He gives me a small salute. "I couldn't help it. You're very adorable when you smile. And I needed something to cheer myself up. If you don't mind, can I tell you one of my own stories?"

"Of course," I nod.

"Well, I've actually been working at a café. Please please please don't tell anyone I told you this. Anyways, Professor Heine," he pouts, "came to the café and I had to be his waiter. Of course, I didn't think that he noticed that I was really me because I was dressed up, but right before he left he secretly gave me a note. He knew it was me, so I was really scared thinking that he was going to tell Dad. He did, and so Dad came over and guess what..."

I lean in closer, wanting to hear.

"He started working there!!! Can you believe it?! A king working at a café of all places?! I was really suprised. He was also so perfect! He stole all the attention from me and everyone loved him. At the end of the day, the manager begged him to stay." Prince Licht is both frowing and pouting. "I can't believe that happened. But he still let me work there."

"Wow. And no one noticed that it was actually their king that was serving them?! That's quite rude. People should at least recognize his face!" I shake my head in disappointment.

"Oh... yeah. I never realized that until now. People should know and respect what my dad does for them!" He nods his head.

"Well, Prince Licht, I think you should be greatful you have such a caring and understanding father like the king. He even let you work at the café in the end. My father-" I feel a stab in my stomach. My dad... my dad... I can't even remember his face anymore!

"Why! What's wrong! Are you hurt?!" He places his hands on my shoulders and I rub my head.

"Yeah... it's just... well... this is a cliché story so I don't know if you want to hear it." I look over to him.

"I made you listen to me so I'll listen to you," he shrugs.

"Alright... uh... my parents died when I was young. When I was seven, to be exact. Our family generation was already in dept to the royal family, so both my mother and father had to work at the palace. I also had an older brother, who worked in the palace as well. But, unfortunately, he had to help fight in war. We lost him. We went to his funeral, which we couldn't choose. The government wanted to give him special treatment, I guess. It was quite a long way. It was already really late by the time we were coming back. My dad was drunk, so my mom was driving. We were all sleepy and it was really dark and cold. Can you guess what happened?" I ask, my eyes blurring.

"I'm so sorry, but all I can do is feel sympathy for you. I've never lost someone special to me. Really, I'm so sorry." He sighs and his eyes grow wide and sad.

"It's- it's alright. I'm glad you're not like other people who pretend to understand." I attempt to give him a smile. He nods and then stands up.

"Well, I think I have to go now. You're the most understanding and irresistable girl I've ever met. I'll see you soon!" He smiles and winks and then walks away.