Caught With A Cold

"Phew... Prince Kai has a slight fever, but I'm sure he'll be alright. I'll have to check on him every 30 minutes, though." I sigh with relief.

"Yeah, that's good news. But what took you so long to go and come back? It took around an hour!" My best friend looks at me suspiciously. Oops... I should be more careful. She's not... suspicious of our relationship, is she?

"Hm? Oh, I just needed to clean his face because he was sweating and put a wet towel on his forehead. We even talked for a while," I look away and pretend to rub off a stain on my nightgown.

"Oh, well, that makes sense." She nods and the suspicious face disappears as quickly as it came. "I have to go to Prince Licht, so I think you should just keep on sleeping for now."

"Ok. But did you notice ever since we got assigned to princes we've been having to do less work? Kind of how like we don't have to do the dishes anymore?" I cock my head.

"Yeah, isn't that why maids look forward to getting assigned to a prince?"

"Oh, really? I guess I didn't know," I nod and she skips out of the room.

I kinda do want to sleep a bit more. I settle back in my bed and then I slightly touch the cheek that Kai rubbed. I remember him rubbing my cheeks and his chibi face and my cheeks flush a light pink. I mush my face into my pillow and squeal out loud as I keep on thinking about his face. So cute!!!!! I don't think I can even sleep thinking about him. I immediately toss Prince Kai out of my head and start sleeping.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I sit straight up on my bed and the first thing I do is cough. Cough cough and cough.

"Hey, are you alright?" My best friend walks over to me. "You've been sleeping for a really long time! Why do you look so pale?" She bends over and touches my forehead. "THAT'S FREAKING HOT!!! WE NEED TO CALL AN AMBULANCE WAIT FOR ME DON'T LEAVE ME DON'T LEAVE THIS WORLD WE HAVE SO MANY MORE THINGS TO DO!!!!!"

"Eh?" I mumble as she dashes out of the room and starts yelling, "SOMEONE HELP MY FRIEND'S ABOUT TO DIE!!! AMBULANCE SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!"

Geez, she's pretty annoying. And I'm not about to die. I cough and cough and cough and cough and cough and cough and cough and cough and cough and... I CAN'T STOP COUGHING!!! I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!! I gasp for a breath of air and then go back to coughing. My best friend comes back into the room and the royal tutor comes in with her.

"She's GOING TO DIE!!!" She cries and the royal tutor feels my forehead.

"That's very hot. Please, go and call the doctor. I'll help her while I can," he looks at me starts to pull out a thermometer from a bag he's carrying.

"104 degrees. That's not good," he mumbles.

"I'm not going to die, right?" I ask weakly.

"Well, that depends on whether or not your body can take this," he walks into the bathroom and grabs a small fluffy white towel. He then soaks it with water at the sink and squeezes it.

"This is all I can do for you. Hopefully the doctor can do better." He walks over and rests the towel on my head. "Please take care of Prince Kai. I know you guys have more than just a friendly relationship." He bows his head respectfully and then leaves the room. H- how did he find out?! He's definitely smarter than all the other royal tutors that once were here.

I'm about to fall back to sleep when all of a sudden a tall figure bursts into the room. It walks closer and closer but my eyes are closing so I can't see....

"I'm so sorry..." the figure says before I fall into a deep sleep.