//Chapter 8\\

"But my taste is so refined."

Frank's POV:

"Frank, get up, I'm taking you out."

I groaned and buried my head further into the pillow as Gerard poked my shoulder.

"Stop being such a kid, come on, you'll enjoy it."

I didn't know if I could bury my head any further. But I tried anyway. I was way too tired to go anywhere. And I wasn't tired because of the cancer. I genuinely was just a lazy fuck. Until I wasn't. Until Gerard decided to pull the covers off of me.

"What the fuuuuuuuck??" I drawled out, flipping over to face Gerard who had a smug smirk plastered on his face.

"Better stop smiling before I smack the damn right off you."

"Of course, I believe you would do that." He replied sarcastically. "Now come on, get up, get dressed, we have somewhere to be."

"And where are we going??"

"We're going to the fair and then later tonight, you, me and Ray are going to watch a performance at a local bar."

"How come Mikey isn't coming??"

"Because he's performing. Well, with his David, but yeah."

"Wait, Mikey's like...in a band!?"

"Well we all are. Kind of. Myself and Ray are kinda working on other things at the minute but we each have an album out. And Mikey's just released his album with David."

"So, like, what are the albums called?? What's Mikey's band called??"

"Well for starters, Mikey's not in a band, it's a duo. And they're called Electric Century. Their album is called For The Night To Control. Mikey plays bass, synth, some electric guitar and backup vocals." He explained. "Ray and myself just kept our names since we're solo artists. Ray's album is called Remember The Laughter and mine is Hesitant Alien."

"Hesitant...Alien??"

"Don't question it. Just get ready dammit, you're wasting time."

He laughed as he walked out of my room, leaving me with conflicted emotions. Pride was one of them. I was proud of the three of them for putting their musical talents to good use and living their dreams. But regret was the other one. And longing. Because that was my dream too. And I felt sure I could've made it if I wasn't fucking dying.

But enough of that feeling sorry for myself shit.

I stumble over to the wardrobe and pulled on a pair of my many, many, many black skinny jeans, then flicked through my shirts. There were a bunch of new ones that the guys had let me have. Of course they were all a little big on my short ass but that didn't matter. I was grateful.

The door swung open and Mikey was stood there with a shirt in his hand.

"Hey Frank. I thought since you're coming to see me perform, you should act like you've heard of us before. So here, catch."

He threw the shirt at me and I unfolded the black cloth to see 'Electric Century' written across the chest.

"Thanks Mikey. I appreciate it."

"No problem." He walked out and shut the door behind him.

I threw the shirt on. Like the others, it was a little big, but that was okay. I walked put into the kitchen, blindly fixing my hair as I did, and had a mug of coffee placed in my hand. I smiled dreamily as I stared at it before gulping half of it down, ignoring the searing burn in my throat.

"Damn Frank, take it easy." Ray scoffed.

"Nah, I'm good." I coughed out, fanning my tongue.

Everyone laughed at my misfortune. But then so did I. I liked laughter. Laughter meant happiness. I liked being happy now that I knew how.

"Come on Frankie, we haven't got all day." Gerard ushered me out the door as I downed the rest of my coffee and threw the empty mug at Mikey.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!!"

"That's what she said."

"You dirty little bastard."

And we carried on like this all the way to the fair.

---

"Geraaaaaar...duh!! I'm dying, please, I'm not as fast as you."

I groaned as Gerard dragged me around every which way like an excited little kid. I swear he only came for himself.

"Sorry!! I just haven't been to the fair in a while, and I wanna go on everything!!"

"Gerard we've been on everything. Twice!! The only thing we haven't been on yet is eachother." I smirked.

"Ewwww YA NASTEH!!"

"You know I'm only kidding, I'd probably die in the middle of it. Then that would be the worst way to die. Can you imagine that?? Stuck as a ghost, blue-balled, for eternity!!"

"I would rather not imagine that, thankyou. Anyway, we should totally go of the Ferris wheel again before we leave. Then we can kiss at the top like the little clichés we are."

"Alright, let's hop on the Ferris wheel before you get too hyped and hop on me."

---

Needless to say, it was entirely cliché. We waited a good twenty minutes before there was a free cart, but we got on in the end. And I even dare to say that it was magical. We reached the top just as the sun was setting and I looked out across the horizon in awe, my mouth hanging open in shock at it's beauty.

"You'll catch flies." Gerard said from the seat opposite me.

I turned to him and I swear I died on the damn spot. The glow from the sun caught his hair and gave it a look as if it were on fire. The specks of dust floating in the air glinted around him and made it seem as if he were an angel.

I'm fucking kidding.

Rain was pissing down on us like a bitch and our cart didn't even have a roof. We were soaked to the fucking bone and shivering up against eachother. Dark clouds scoured over us and the fair music sounded twisted and terrifying down below us.

But did we care??

No. Because we had eachother and that was enough. And if that isn't cliché enough for ya.

We made out in the pouring rain.