Chapter 16

I heard my phone go off the next the morning.

"You have got to be kidding me." I said and reached my phone. Damon. "Someone better be in life threatening danger."

"Oh you are missy. I've called twelve times."

"Well, I've been sleeping." I said sitting up. "Had a, pretty long night." I said and looked over at Jeremy, who was still sleeping.

"Yeah well Elena decided to go to school. You are a high school student. So, therefor I need you there."

"Ugh. Why can't I be like other teenagers and skip every once in a while?"

"I'll compel your teachers to give you good grades I just need you there to watch Elena. Ok? Who knows when Klaus is going to show up."

"Fair enough. I'll get dressed and head there."

"Thank you Bella."

"I hate you."

"Love you too." Then he hung up. I looked over at Jeremy. He was laying on his stomach still sleeping. I sat on his back and poked him.

"Wake up."

"Go away." He mumbled.

"Fine. I'll just go protect this town from my sadistic family again." I said getting up.

"What's Damon doing now?"

"Not Damon. Klaus."

"Oh right. Forgot that part." Jeremy said and sat up. I went over to my bag and grabbed out something to change into. When I was done, Jeremy and I went to school. Great.

~o~

"Hey have you seen Bonnie?" Jeremy said to me as I entered the cafeteria.

"Not yet why?"

"Has she told you?"

"Told me what?"

"There she is." Then he headed towards Bonnie. "Did you tell Elena what it's going to take for you to do that Klaus spell?"

"No, and you're not, either." Bonnie said.

"Well, she's gotta know you can't do it.'

"You don't know I can't. Have a little faith in me."

"That's not fair. You can't harness the power of a hundred dead witches. It'll kill you." We all sat down.

"Shh! We don't know that for certain."

"It could kill you! Are you insane!" I said to her.

"You promised to keep my secret, I'm trusting you. I'm going through with this, and if you tell anyone, I swear-"

"What? What are you gonna do?" Jeremy said.

"Hey, Jer. How you doing? Are you okay at the house alone with John?" Elena said joining us.

"It's not ideal, but I have Bella there so." Jeremy said getting up.

"You haven't heard from Jenna, have you?"

"It looks like she's staying on campus. Look I'm- We're late for class" Jeremy grabbed my hand and pulled me away from everyone.

"Why wouldn't you tell anyone?"

"Because I was hoping she would do it. It's her decision Bella."

"She can't do this. It'll kill her!"

"It's her decision. I can't stop her."

"Whatever." Then I walked away and to my next class.

To my joy, Damon informed me of a dance Elena was going to tonight, meaning we all had to go. Damon was going to be posing as a chaperon, while the rest of us were students and could go anyways. Great.