Chapter 32

I knew Shawna was furious, but I had to tell her.
"So how much did she pay you to set me up."
I felt a lump in my throat. "15 g's."
"This whole time you've been setting me up. What the fuck? Just when I started to..... You know what nevermind."
"Look Shawna, I never knew she was trying to kill you. You have to believe me."
I could feel the tears forming.
"Shawna, please......"
"Save your tears shordee because right now I could give a fuck about your feelings. You was trying to set me up! How the fuck should I feel? I really want to fucking kill you!"
"Shawna, baby I'm sorry! Just let me fix it please."
"How the fuck can you fix it, I don't trust you. Matter of fact, get the fuck out of my car."
"Shawna, we're in the middle of no where. Can you take me back to my car?"
She looked at me and I can tell this was it. "Get out of my shit. NOW!"
Soon as I stepped out of the car and closed the door, Shawna sped of leaving me standing on the side of the dark road. All of my emotions came out at once. How could I blame her for being mad?

This bitch got me fucked up. How could I have let my guard down like that. I knew Marley ass was up to something. Why she felt threatened by me? Since Nicole's death I haven't been out in the street so why all of the sudden there's jealousy among us? I can't figure it out. Diamond fed me all this bullshit. I can't seem to decipher why she would just tell me the truth like that. I had to stop and clear my mind. What the fuck is going on? I need more answers.
Making a u-turn in the middle of the road I headed back towards the spot where I put Diamond out. Although I despised her at the moment, I needed her to tell me everything.
"Get in the car. How did you meet Marley? And how long have you been doing shit like this? Don't lie to me either."
"I met Marley through some chick named Jay. She used to hang with Breonna and...."
"Wait, how the fuck do you know Breonna?"
"She is my cousin."
What the fuck? The shit is getting crazier by the minute.
"But I've being doing this off and on for a few years. No one ever got hurt, usually I get paid to get dirt on people, I've never set anyone up to be killed. "
"All I want to know is, the day at the mall; did you know me?"
"No, I didn't know you at the time, you just looked familiar. That happened to be a coincidence. Later that day I got a call from Marley. She paid me so I agreed."
"You know what, it doesn't matter but this is what it's gonna be. You're gonna give Marley that money back and you're gonna get your son and leave fucking town. If I see you around here again, we're gonna have some problems. You got 36 hrs to leave. If I see you again. You're mother will be receiving a phone call."
I got out of Shawna's car and leaned against my truck. What am I going to do? On my way home, I replayed the entire scene of what happened. Interrupted by my thoughts, Marley texted me.
"Have you seen or heard from Shawna?"
"Meet me at the spot in 10 minutes."

Pulling up to Starbucks I noticed Marley was alone.
"Wassup, why haven't you returned my calls D."
"Look I can't do this shit. I'm not up for killing nobody. Here's all of the money back. I never opened it so it's all there. I'm out of this shit bruh."
Turning to walk away Marley grabbed my arm and push me against her car. "Bitch, you're gonna do it or I will kill you myself."
"Look, I'm not for killing nobody do what you have to do I'm out this shit!."
I snatched my arm away from Marley and headed home. I was leaving tonight. No need to stick around for what was beginning to unfold.