Part Eight

Past

"Time for getting married!" Loudly cheering I stood right behind Nivi, who was more nervous than me on my first day of University. And I was really nervous (I even was on the brink of throwing up).

"Shush, Shruti! I'm gonna kill you if you scream again! I don't think I can do it! Maybe I should talk to Kaarthi and tell him to postpone the wedding. He will understand."

"Don't you dare having cold feet now! Both of you have been together for ages and do even live together. And- wait. Are you pregnant?" I cried happily.

"Shruti! What the hell are you talking about! Of course, I am not. Just let me be nervous."

"Fine. Hurry up. You should have been at the mandapam at half past eleven. We only have about ten minutes and we still need to drive there!"

"Wait and see on your wedding you'll be worse than me and probably will come way too late."

I couldn't but laugh.

"Yeah, right. I won't get married this way. Just will grab my boyfriend and elope."

"Oh, a boyfriend? Do your parents know?" Nivi smirked and stood up ready to go.

"There's no one. But I am certain that I won't have a Tamil arranged marriage. It should be a love marriage and with no one apart from my and his closest friends and us two. No drama."

Little did I know how it should be.

×××

Present

"Did you pack everything? We have to be back home at six a.m. and the drive will take several hours."

We've just spent one week instead of two in Port Haven because Pridhiv has got a call from work. Some emergency but I don't know.
After that kiss on day two we were just in our cottage watching TV or going for a stroll now and then but didn't do anything together apart from that.

Even though I have to control myself I won't think about that kiss and all the other ones before - I know, all in all there has been just two kisses, but still.
The problem is that the moment of the last kiss was just too romantic and it is really disappointing that Pridhiv haven't made a move to kiss me since.

And no, I'm not longing for one, though he could have been more romantic the following days. The most romantic thing we did, was probably falling asleep on the bed, as we watched some rom-com about live-in relationships or something, but seriously the actor was not that bad-looking.

Where have I been? Right, our departure. Like I said Pridhiv has got a call from work, when were getting ready for bed. It was about eleven p.m. or something and since then Pridhiv hasn't got any sleep. I think he did some research on something but I'm not quite sure because I fell asleep and had two hours of sleep before my husband woke me up to get ready.

"I've been ready for twenty minutes. You're the one still looking for your things."

"Yeah, ok. Put your things in the boot and wait in the car. I'll be coming soon, once I checked out."

I nod curtly and heave my bags and go outside. It would be pitch-dark if there weren't any lanterns lighting up my way to the car.

After putting everything in the car and taking place in the backseat I've patiently waited for Pridhiv to come but it has taken him more than ten minutes.

"Found everything?" I ask not really interested but rather pissed. I could have been asleep now and dream about someone else who might be a hot, sexy
bad boy superhero saving the world with me by his side.