Just A Child

War twists everything it touches. Hearts, land, souls, lives. It rips things away. Something forgotten though. Many soldiers are just children. Keith was just a child touched by war. Born in a time of strife and rising hatred, torn from his parents, shipped to a planet far away, suffered at the hands of another being twisted by war, than left to die. He was just a child. He needed love, gentleness, and kindness. He forgot the love because of the pain. His father figure was ripped away by school then a mission then aliens. He caused trouble and was kicked out of the school. He found the cabin with the maps. He destroyed the evidence of abuse than found and tracked the lion. The paladins didn't really like him and Shiro was so distant. So painfully distant. He only wanted his father figure to love him again. A week or so in, he had given up on being close to anyone. War always messed with his life. Dreams of a life before earth filled with blood and screams. The lion would soothe the paladin and bring the good memories into his subconscious. Now he didn't remember anything but the abuse. He was scared, stuck were he was. He stopped being scared when he felt the waves of love for him from the two. He was confused. Why did he feel like he should fight them when all he wants is to be held and loved by them? Why are there flashes of a red lion in his mind? He started to drift off. It was allowed. After all, he was just a child.