Chapter Zero

"Okay, so let's run faster."

BLUE

It has been 117 days since I woke up, and everything feels different.

I do not know where I am. It's a big city, full of tall buildings and loud voices. I do not know why I am here.

The people that woke me up, they are looking for me. They are dangerous.

I walk down the crowded street with my hands in the pockets of my stolen jacket. People walk every direction, some are slow, but most are quick and purposeful. Cars rush past in every shape and color. The sounds and voices are a constant rumble.

I keep the hood over my silver hair and my eyes fixed on the sidewalk. I keep walking, one dirty running shoe in front of the other. 

A car flashes by close to the sidewalk. People hurry past. My pulse quickens in my ears. They are too fast. The world is too fast. I can't focus.

I close my eyes and open them again. The blue light, it falls from my shoulders, and the world slows down. Everything slows down, except for me. I let out a breath. Their heartbeats are five beats behind mine.

At speed, nothing can touch you.

At speed, when everyone else holds their breaths, and I have a moment of blue.

But standing still....

I will never stand still long enough for time to catch up with me.

A/N hi readers! I'm back with the sequel, and Pietro is alive and running again after two whole years! I hope I can do the sassy self-sacrificing speedster justice.