Chapter Three

"Tell 'em I'm coming back."

RED

Vis calls me to ask for help making cookies, so I laugh and leave my boys to go to the kitchen.

"Hey, Paprika," I say in greeting and give him a quick kiss. "How are the cookies going?"

"I'm afraid I've barely done a thing," he laughs. "I don't quite trust myself with cooking just yet."

I smile and pull the recipe from him. "Okay, first I'll get the baking soda and you get the eggs."

"I will do that." He goes to the fridge and I reach up to the highest cupboard for my ingredient.

Just then Natasha bursts back through the door with Clint on her heels.

"He's alive!" Clint says breathlessly. "He's alive."

"Who?" I ask, reaching up high to grab the edge of the baking soda.

"Wanda," says Nat seriously, "look at me."

I pull the ingredient down from the shelf and turn around.

She looks me right in the eyes and says, "We saw your brother."

Your brother. My brother. The baking soda falls from my hands and cracks on the tile, spilling white across the floor. My hand flies to my mouth.

Vision steps towards them and says, "You saw Pietro Maximoff."

Natasha nods once.

I've forgotten how to breathe.

Clint turns to me. "Wands, he stole my arrows, it was just like old times," he says, "but when we saw him he ran away." I think Clint's hands are still shaking with shock.

I feel tears build behind my eyes and slip down my face. I can't speak.

Vision takes my hand and holds it tight in both of his.

"Pietro," I finally manage to say. "My Pietro." I slide my hand over my eyes and take a long breath. "If this is a trick I'm going to murder you all."

"It's true," says Natasha. "It's true." She comes closer and puts her hand on the table. "Wanda, if Pietro is alive, we'll stop at nothing to get him back."

I rub my face and then look up, eyes lit with magic and determination. "D*** straight."

A/N who saw Inhumans friday night? I thought it was kinda cool, i'm hopeful for the rest of the show. (also lowkey mad that the infinity war trailer hasn't dropped yet.)

sorry to have such short chapters, but they're about to get a lot longer :) love you guys, thanks for reading.