Chapter Seven

"Good friends are hard to find..."

BLUE

Time passes. I do not know how much. The light in the hallway dims, and footsteps are few and far between. But the night here isn't quiet.

From every room are cries of pain and fear. Screams of "no" and "please" and "not again". Whimpers, broken sobs. I can't imagine the nightmares that could haunt even these суперхероји. (superheroes)

Sitting on the soft carpet, I lean forward and cover my ears with both hands. Their cries echo.

If my lost memories are anything like the moments these people are reliving... maybe forgetting was a good thing.

I pull myself to my feet and step to the door. My fingers brush the silver knob. I promised I wouldn't run. But I need to get out of here, even for a moment.

Slowly, I open the door. It doesn't creak or make a noise. I step out, dirty running shoes on the dark wood hallway.

A golden cape disappears into the red door across from mine at the same moment. I hear a soft accented voice say, "Wanda."

I duck my head and step away in a burst of blue. Through the hallway, and around a corner. There are footsteps somewhere close, boots on tile stairs. I follow them.

An agent in black walks towards the huge glass doors of the facility. Outside, a few orange lights line the sidewalk. I run past them, to the wide grass field where I came before.

It is dark, and cold, and clouds cover the whole sky.

I run, as fast and hard as I can. The ground blurs under me and my feet fall into a rhythm - one-two-three-four, one-two-three-four. All I hear is my breathing, and the wind in my ears, and the pounding of my feet on the field.

I don't know how far I run, or how many times I cover the same tracks, but I do not stop running. Not until the sun appears over the top of the low mountains. When the sky is just barely blue instead of black, I slip back inside the building.

I run down a wide hallway, then another. But I haven't reached the end when I realize it is the wrong one. I have no idea which way I went the first time.

I curse and hit the wall.

"Woah, kid," comes a voice behind me.

I whip around in a flash of blue.

There's a man standing there, his long, dark hair tied up but pieces falling into his face. Past one of his red sleeves is the glint of a metal hand.

He laughs. "So it is you." His head tilts slightly. "You look like her."

"My- my sister?" I ask.

"Yeah, something about the eyes." He shrugs and holds out his flesh hand. "I'm Bucky."

I shake. "I'm, ah, Pietro." It still feels strange in my mouth.

Bucky's eyes narrow slightly. "Really."

What does he mean? "Yes, that is my name."

"No." He folds his arms. "Is it your name, or is it what they told you was your name?"

"I don't understand. They said I was Pietro Maximoff-"

"Exactly," he cuts in. "They told you that you were Pietro. But," he touches his metal knuckles and then looks up at me, "are you really him?"

Are you really him? It echoes. "Am I...?" I look down at my hands and breathe out. I didn't know I could be anyone else. "They said that Pietro was a friend... and a brother, and a hero."

Bucky nods.

"I would like to be Pietro." My fingers tap nervous blue on my leg. "But I'm not him now."

"Hmm." Bucky blows his bangs out of his face. "Let's start over." He holds out his hand again. "I'm Bucky."

I bite my lip, then smile when I think what to say. "I'm Quicksilver."

This time it feels right.

"Awesome, Silver. Let's go raid the kitchen."

A/N hi yes i am here for the Bucky and Pietro brotp

i don't know most of my followers and readers?? who wants to be best friends?? message me i don't care who you are you're probably amazing

I hope y'all had a good Halloween! Love you