Chapter Ten

"We didn't realize we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun."

BLUE

I turn the pen around my fingers. The black notebook lies open in front of me. The perfect lines seem to mock me, because there's nothing I can write.

"Hey," comes a voice.

I turn and see Wanda at the door, the same black-and-white jacket on and her wet hair falling over her shoulders. I smile.

"What, um," she tries, "what are you doing?"

I hold up my blank notebook. "Bucky gave this to me. It's for my memories."

"You haven't written anything."

I just look at her.

Her eyes fall to the carpet. "Right."

I rap my pen against the unmarked page and shrug. "I don't know anything about my life up until I was running through that city...." Faint blue lines appear around my fingers as I turn the pen in my hand. "Most people have a past, a history, that makes them who they are. I don't. So who does that make me?"

"You're a superhero."

"Who have I saved?"

She turns the rings on her fingers and glances uncomfortably at the walls. Is it because she can't think of anyone? She shakes her head. "You're my brother."

"Am I? I don't even know your favorite color." It hits me again how much I'm missing.

She smiles slightly. "It's blue," she says, "but I never looked good in blue."

I scoff. "You? You could wear any color you wanted."

She laughs. "You always said that. You were always wrong."

"I doubt it." I can feel a smile slip onto my face. I look down and slide the tip of the pen over my fingers, staining them with ink.

"I have an idea," she says suddenly.

I look back at her.

Her head is tilted and she bites her lip as if deep in thought. "Let- let's do something we always do," she says.

"What do we always do?" I am ready for anything that will distract me from what isn't there.

"Well." She folds her arm and breathes out. "We used to play cards, or sing loud songs, or play pranks on the soldiers in the streets...."

I laugh. "We must have been trouble."

"You were," she says.

"Oh I was, is that it?" Somehow, I sincerely doubt it.

"Mm," she tries to hold back the smile that creeps up her face. "I almost had to bail you out of jail a couple of times."

I smirk. "Right, whatever you say. What we always do, then." I consider. "Is there any kind of pudding or sauce in the kitchen?"

Wanda taps her black-painted nails against her arm, thinking. "Not much. I think the Spiderman ate the last of the pudding last time he visited. There's just... Bucky has some gross chocolate frosting, I think."

"That is even better."

She smiles, waiting for the idea.

"Do you think there's any way that we could, ah, take his frosting? And maybe... frost the Captain's shield?"

"Impossible," she laughs.

"So are we."

The pages in my notebook are left fluttering in our blue wake.

A/N who's excited for season 5 of Agents of SHIELD? three days!

i love you guys, have a great week <3