The Slipp-athlon (Part 1)

“Do you know what time is it?”, said Scarlett frowning. “You are thirty seconds late”.

“Sorry, Mike and I had “a talk””, he grinned.

“Why did you use those quotation marks?”, she asked.

“Because our “talks” are basically he yelling at me and I acting like I care”, he shrugged. “First time I see you with pants, by the way”.

“Do you mean this things? Yes, I know that this is not my usual outfit, but is suitable for the occasion”, she said.

She was wearing boots, black pants and a turtle-neck sweater, her hair was in a ponytail.

“And what occasion are we talking about?”, he asked.

“Tonight, we are going to take a tour around this “castle” through the ventilation ducts”, she said.

“What are we going to do that for?”, he asked.

“Because I'm pretty sure that this is not what Chris made us believe… And I'm pretty bored in this place”.

“How do you know that nobody is hearing us?”, he asked.

“Why do you think I'm whispering, piece of genius?”, she asked sarcastically. “So, do you have your bag with you?”, he nodded and pulled up his hood. “Excellent”.

The next day, Courtney was having breakfast when Duncan came up. He looked careworn like he couldn't sleep at night.

“What happened to you?”, asked the CIT.

“The twins were fighting so I didn't sleep well”, said the punk. “Also, Mike talks too much while he's sleeping”.

“Oh, poor you!”, she exclaimed.

“I couldn't even understand them, they were talking in another language, like Italian or something”, he said.

“Come here”, she pointed a seat next to her.

“Sure, you are having breakfast?”, she nodded.

“Do you like brownies?”, she asked.

“Sure I do, Miss”, he said looking at her with a flirty smirk. She blushed a little bit but then returned back to serious mood.

“Just eat, punk”, she said giving him a plate.

“Did anyone say “brownies”?”, said Cody and took seat next to them. Duncan stared at him upset.

“Nope, they are mine, kid. Go and ask Sierra to prepare some for you”, the punk took away the plate from Cody’s reach.

“Sierra is mad at me”, he said and sighed a little bit sad.

“Huh, nobody would expect that from Sierra”, Courtney creased her nose thinking.

“Well. I don't care, buddy”, commented Duncan.

“Duncan!”, yelled Courtney to him.

“What? At least I'm being honest! Unlike someone who still didn't tell Sierra how he feels, huh?”, Cody looked around.

“Don't say it at loud! Yeah, maybe I feel something but… I just don't know how to talk to her”, he whispered. The punk smirked again.

“I knew it”, said Duncan.

“Last day I saw her combing her hair… She's kinda pretty”, said Cody smiling. They heard a phone ringing.

“Is that Shelly again?”, Carrie asked her boyfriend, he started rubbing his neck nervously. He took his phone and respond.