Chapter 1: What's going on?

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or the concept of Harry Potter, they all belong to J.K. Rowling.

Afternoon at Hogwarts, students were moving through the halls getting to their classes, while some were already in their classrooms. Some students had free period, which means they choose what to do with it. Some, like a certain Gryffindor, was having his afternoon class learning potions. As much as he does not want to be here at the moment, Harry Potter has no choice but to attend, or else he will get a good scolding from Professor Snape. Harry was in the middle table next to Ron, near the aisle. But instead of paying attention, Harry was too busy drawing and daydreaming as Professor Snape went on and on over this week's potion activity. His day dreaming however did not go unnoticed by the potion's professor, who went towards him and slammed his book on his table. The action startled the young Potter, which snapped him out of his daydream.

"Mr. Potter... I do hope you were paying attention to majority of what I said..." Professor Snape said. Harry nodded hesitantly.

"Then tell me what was the last thing I said..." Professor Snape asked. Harry was now looking down at his paper then back up at him and muttered nervously.

".... I... I don't remember, Sir..." Harry said. Professor Snape then turned his back on him and walked up to the front of the class.

"Pity... Well then Mr. Potter, I believe punishment is required in this situation... Detention later tonight, you will be restocking the potion's closet and cleaning vials" Professor Snape said. Harry sighed annoyingly and could here the Slytherin's snicker at him, particularly, Draco Malfoy's.

".... Of course Sir..." Harry respond to him. After that, Professor Snape continued his lecture. After the potion's activity, the class was soon dismissed and Harry told Ron and Hermione, who was behind them the entire class, that he would be heading to Hagrid's hut to asking something. The two nodded and went on ahead to the library to get some homework done, mostly Hermione, Ron would just sleep next to her.

Harry soon exited the Potion's classroom and walked down the hallways to head for the Black Lake. He lied when he said he would head to Hagrid's hut. He was actually heading to the Black Lake for some peace and quiet before his next class which was Charms with Professor Flitwick. Harry continued on his way to the lake, when he suddenly bumped into someone. He looked to see who he ran into and was met with long curly blond hair and grey blue eyes.

"Hello Harry" The person he bumped into spoke. She was in her Ravenclaw uniform and he actually saw her wearing black shoes now.

"Hello Luna, I see you've finally found your shoes" Harry said and pointed out. Luna looked down at her shoes and smiles.

"Yes, but I still have yet to find more of my missing items... Also have you seen some Nargles lurking about? Cause I heard Fred and George saying they will be hanging a few charmed mistletoes around. I don't find it funny though..." Luna stated. Harry smiled and shook his head.

"No I haven't, but I'll keep my eye out for them, and your stuff" He said. Luna smiled and nodded.

"Thank you Harry, well I'd better be going now" Luna waved his hand goodbye and walked off. Harry watched her leave and continued on to the Black lake but was soon stopped by another scenario. He saw a couple of Slytherins picking on Hannah Abbott, a Hufflepuff in his year. He saw them taking her books and pushing her around. Harry then walked up to them and grabbed Hannah's books.

"Hey! Quit picking on her!" Harry said. The Slytherins just smirked and walked off, shoving Harry on the shoulders as he left. Harry glared at them and helped Hannah with her books. Hannah help herself as well and smiled at Harry.