Intro

hey there, so this is my first story on wattpad and i'd love it if people commented and voted and told me what they thought :3

edit: so i decided to enter this into watty awards to see if i could handle the pressure. c: so no silent readers allowed please I need everyone's help. just comment/vote and i'll be your friend foreverrrr~

( Intro )

There are so many stories out there that make high school seem like some amazing thing, startling in all its glory, with guys that'll want your attention. Songs sung by pop stars singing about the young love you experience in the big HS, the way everything seems to heat up until it's like a big boiling pot. Let me tell you something right now - no Taylor Swift song or romance book will ever describe the truth about high school. It is ugly and embarassing in it's moments, and beautiful and amazing in others - and most of all, it's full of kids who have no idea where their lives are going. If you are looking for some book about romance and things that never actually happen in reality, please don't even bother reading on.

My name is Darian Matherson. Nice to meet you, whomever have decided to continue this quest with me. I moved to a small town in Iowa when I was in sixth grade. Some people hate moving. They cry it about, they cling to their friends, but I have always been incredibly adaptable, and so when my parents informed me that fateful evening that I was to become one with the population of Jefferson, Iowa, I shrugged and answered "okay". Of course I had my doubts - would the people at my new school like me? Would I ever make any friends? These doubts rarely become realities, let's be honest here. There is such a large grouping of kids in high school that it's hard not to find someone who is caring enough to feel sorry for a wanderer, as long as you take the initiative to talk to them.

I'm one of those people - but I've never been popular, and I doubt I ever will be. Which is perfectly fine for me. I hate fifty percent of the school, and fifty percent of them tolerate me. I am the girl that sticks her nose in books and stay there until she has gone from cover to cover, the type of girl lost in her thoughts and caught staring into space. Loud at times and impossible to talk to at others - easily angered and protective of all her friends, whether they have betrayed me or not. But I am also the type of girl that blends into the general crowd and has no problem with it. 

I am a high school wallflower. And I'm moving again at the start of my sophmore year.