22/ Break in?

Hunter's POV

"...it isn't that he abused me physically. Really it was just threats...But, still, I knew not to mess around. They weren't empty threats. He's dangerous. He would not hesitate to hurt me."

I grunt in response, not at all happy with the new information that she's given Spenc and I.

Andrea looks beyond annoyed, but by the way she fiddles with her hands every now and then, she's nervous.

Yet, I cant find myself nervous right now. No, all I feel is a burning anger towards Jay. Who the hell does he think he is?

"Okay, I get that. So, not only is this guy Jay, a huge playboy, he's also a really buff playboy?"

I rolled my eyes and a sigh escaped Andrea's lips, "Do you have to keep repeating everything I say?" She stood up, and made her way over to the refrigerator.

Refilling her cup of water.

With all of the talking she's been doing, its no surprise that her voice started to gain a scratchy quality to it.

After she gulped down half of her cup, she returned her gaze to Spencer. "Yes. He's buff. I already explained that he is fit, okay?" Even with her hoarse voice, you can easily tell that she was irritated.

Spenc made a noise that was a mix between a grunt and a snort.

While Ivory was asleep up in her room, Andrea had been filling in all of the missing details about their Ex, Jay.

And I must say, I was seriously ready to kill him.

"Are you calling us," Spencer gestured between him and I, "not fit?"

Andrea groaned loudly, slouching into the kitchen chair.

"Look, no offense, but you guys are lean, he's buff. Like muscle everywhere, six pack, the whole thing."

"I'm insulted." I joked, rolling my eyes and snickering. Andrea didn't seem to think it was funny; she just glared at me.

Spencer nodded his head frantically, "Same. Have you not seen our abs?" Even though I was joking, Spencer obviously wasn't.

Andrea rolled her eyes yet again, this time, she was gritting her teeth. "No. I haven't."

"Would you like to?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. I almost choked on my own spit.

My laughter was drowned out by Andreas repeated slaps and hits to anywhere she could reach. Mainly, Spenc's chest, arm, and a few hits to his face.

The sound of glass shattering and then a loud crash echoed throughout the house, immediately making Andrea tense.

I turned around in my seat, in the direction of where the noise seemed to come from.

There was a creak, some footsteps...and then another creak.

Someone must've broken in. My heart raced as I imagined a murderer dressed in black, finding a sleeping, defenseless Ivory.

Spencer slowly raised from his chair, careful not to make any noise.

I followed his lead, and we were standing side by side, craning our heads towards the room next to us. I was trying my best to not think of any images of a limp Ivory with a bullet hole through her chest.

Unfortunately, I could only see a part of the living room from where I stood in the kitchen.

My hands clenched by my side, ready to fight if necessary.