18/ Storytime

A/N: This chapter contains some flashbacks of abuse,
It is not too graphic, but I wanted to warn
any readers who may be sensitive to that kind of stuff.
sincerely- LoverOfBooksAndMusic

Hunters POV

"My Brother." Spencer murmurs in a broken voice. I feel the burning hatred I have for Alexander-Spencers brother-flood through my veins like poison.

Andrea and Ivory have shock written all over their faces, I forgot that they didn't know about his so called brother.

"Your brother? Since when have you had a brother?" Andrea asked with her eyes narrowed and her tone of voice annoyed and a bit icy.

Spencer looks a little sheepish as he replies, "Since forever obviously. Its just, I don't like to talk about him much."

I roll my eyes and comment bitterly,"His deadbeat brother, is a jerk, who always gets wasted and once he gets wasted, he decides to beat up Spenc."

Ivory covers her mouth with one hand as she let's out a gasp. Her eyes study Spencers face, which remains emotionless. I know he's just trying to hide how hurt he is- not just physically, but emotionally too.

"I'm so sorry Spencer." Ivory says as she hesitantly walks towards Spenc.

She ends up throwing caution to the wind and runs to him, giving him a hug. He stays still for a second or two, before hugging her back tightly. His eyes are shut tight and when he opens them, I notice the bags under his eyes from lack of sleep.

The scene melts some of my anger away, and Andrea looks like she's in deep thought.

Ivory pulls away when Andrea asks causally, " Don't you're parents do anything about it? I mean, what kind of sick parents wouldn't help their child. Know what I mean?"

I wince.

"Andrea its better not to ask-" I'm cut off by Spencer who scratches the back of his neck while speaking.

"Uh, actually, I- well, they aren't- I mean." he sighs and closes his eyes, probably trying to figure out how to tell the girls about his parents.

I pat him on the back reassuringly, and as I do, I can see his muscles relax. He takes a deep breathe and I can't help but remember the whole story before he even starts talking.

You can do it Spencer. Just tell them.

" I live alone with Alex. No parents. Let me back up, okay, so, my mom died once she gave birth to me. So I grew up without knowing her, I grew up having to take the blame for her death, I grew up not having a mom." He shakes, his eyes moisten with tears, but he's Spencer, he stays strong and carries on.

"I think my brother always blamed me for her death, him and my mom were very close. So when she died, he hated me from the minute I was born. As I got older, my friends at school would tell me all about their wonderful siblings who they love. I was constantly reminded that my brother, my own brother, hates me."

I take one look at the girls and see that Ivory is close to tears and Andrea is giving Spencer the saddest look I've ever seen.