7/ The joke

Ivory's POV

I just got finished texting Hunter, when Spencer texted me.

Spenc is DA man ;) : hey u ready? I'm outside

I started laughing at his contact name that he put on my phone. Okay I really need to change it. Man? Haha, ya right. He's more like a 6 year old.

I texted him a quick yes and grabbed my purse that had my phone and some money for the ice cream. I went outside, locked the door and then hopped in Spencer's car.

He reversed and there was an awkward silence that I couldn't stand. Talk Ivy! Say something. Anything is better than silence.

I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.  "Do you like Andrea?" Oh crap. Why did I say that?

I stole a glance at spencer who seemed like he was trying not to laugh. Whats funny about what I said? He looked at me curious and then chuckled. " And why would you care? Getting possessive of me already? I've barely talked to you and you're already falling for me? I must say I'm flattered." his voice was so cocky. And his smirk was so big I wanted to slap it off his face.

I glared and scooted farther away from him.

"No! I don't like you like that. Ew. I was just trying to get a conversation going. Plus I'm just curious. You two would be cute together."

His ears turned pink and he looked at a loss for words. "Uh. Um." He cleared his throat and that seemd to help him gather his thoughts so that he's cocky side was back. "Sure you're not just jealous?" He teased. Ew, no just no.

"Positive."

"Suurrree." At this I rolled my eyes and looked out the car window.

During the rest of the ride we were talking about school, our favorite coffee shops and other small talk things.

*-*-*-*-*

Once we got to A.S.T.I.C.S Spencer opened the car door for me and helped me out. Right before we entered Allison's Sweet Treat Ice Cream shop, Spencer held my wrist to stop me from opening the door.

"Hold on Ivory. Can I call you Ivy? Ivory seems to proper for me to say."

"Sure.What is it you want to tell me?" His eyes twinkled mischievously and he smiled in a very evil way.

My face must have shown my concern because his smile quickly dropped and he raised his hands in surrender and quickly reassured me that I didn't have to do want he had in mind.

"Oh no its fine go ahead. What is it?" I asked still a little bit concerned, but curiosity seemed to get the better of me.

"Okay. So, I want to see Hunts reaction if I walk in with my arm around your waist. I really really reeaaally want to see his reaction." He was practically pleading me by now to do it. He started making a puppy dog face and the cutest puppy dog eyes.
Awwww. What?! No! Stop it! But I actually wanted to see Hunters reaction too. Would he be mad? Would he even care? I hope he does care...

"Okay sure. I want to see that too." I replied with a shrug.

Spencer was grinning so hard and the evil gleam was back in his eyes.

"Let's do it then!"

He placed his arm around my waist and I enjoyed the warmth but felt no butterflies. Good I wasn't expecting sparks and there is none. He winked at me then opened the door with his free hand.We walked into the shop together and I couldn't help but wonder if Hunter would become jealous.