Problem

It's June first and I leave for Tennessee next Wednesday.

You see, my family has an annual tradition of getting together for a month and a half over the summer. Every year new people come and leave. Either they're boyfriends or girlfriends, or just friends of the family members. I really like it there and I can't wait to go! Except I have a problem....

"Sorry I can't."

"Basketball camp."

"Family vacation."

"Who are you?"

"I don't even know her."

I sigh as I walk outside following Katelyn and Aphmau. "Tell me again why you can't explain to them he broke up with you?" Katelyn turns around and straightening herself up.

"I tried!" I begun, "But, every time I do they think it's a joke or I'm nervous."

We walked down the street and to our houses. "At this point I'm desperate for anyone to be my fake boyfriend for the family reunion!" I said waving my arms around.

Cough cough

We turned around to find Gene.

"Shouldn't you be two towns over?" Katelyn asks.

"Yes I should, but I couldn't help but over hear your conversation," He pulled Zenix over and continued," Zenix would love to do it."

"What no!" He shouted.

"Look, I said I was desperate, but not that desperate." I said pointing at Zenix.

Zenix gets out of Gene's grip and looks at me with a mix of anger and confusion, "So you think I can't be a good boyfriend?"

"No, I'm just saying I had to chose you or Zane, I would pick Zane."

"Why Zane?!"

"Cause at least he has the decency to help people!"

"Oh I help people!"

"Fakers don't count,"I said getting mad," also when is the last time you had a girlfriend?"

"In-"

"Kindergarten doesn't count."

The arguments carried on for a minute or two. Insults where being thrown at each other to the point where it was getting funny.

"How about I prove to you I can be a good boyfriend by being your fake one at this reunion?" At this moment you can tell he was getting agitated.

"Fine then!" We shock on it then realized what just happened.

"What just happened?" Katelyn asked.

"My plan happened," Gene walked over to Katelyn," ____ needs a fake boyfriend, Zenix needs to stay away from my apartment and I found a solution to these problems." He explained.

"Never thought I'd say this, but this is genius."

"Except one might murder the other before they even make it to Tennessee." Aphmau pointed out.

"Wait, Tennessee?" Zenix spoke up.

"Yes Tennessee," I responded," I was born in Tennessee but live with Aphmau cause I go here."

"What have I gotten myself into?" Zenix face palmed.

"We leave next week and we come back her on July 17th." I explain walking home.

"A MONTH AND HALF!?" At this point he woke up the whole block.

"What's you number? I'll text you the information later."

"515-808-2362."

I copied his number down and walked home to pack.