Not the best

"Hello and welcome to One Lane. How may I help you?"

"Table for two please." Zenix said.

She led us to a table with two chairs. We sat down," your waiter we'll be here soon." She gave us menus then left.

"This place reminds me of Grease and gives me a Dirty Dancing vibe." I pointed out.

"A little bit, yeah."

"You've seen Grease and Dirty Dancing?" I asked looking up from my menu.

"Yeah. My mom raised me on old movies, those are one of my favorites."

"Wow."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Making eye contact with me.

"Nothing! Just you seem like the person to appreciate the art of entertainment." I said dropping my menu on the floor.

Zenix picked it up," just so you know, I really like movies and books."

"One thing we have in common."

"Hello you two," our waiter said walking up to us," how are you two doing?" He asked.

"Good." We said.

"Great! Can I get you guys something to drink?"

"Coke." Zenix said.

"Is Poopsie okay?"

"Sure."

"I'd like a sweet tea."

"We only have unsweetened."

"That's fine."

The waiter left to go get our drinks.

"Sweet tea?"

"Yeah, it's a country thing." I explained.

"Again, weird."

The waiter got back and took our orders. I ordered (whatever you want) and Zenix got a turkey sandwich.

"Okay so what should I do?"

"What?"

"Boyfriend wise, sense you said I have no manners and wouldn't know how to treat a girl."

"I didn't say th- never mind. Just be nice-"

"No happening."

"Hold-"

"No."

"I'm not even gonna bring up kissing."

"Thank you!" He said.

"Look, if you do this for me, I'll do-"

"Anything I want?"

"I have a bad feeling about this, fine," I sighed," if you do this, I'll do anything you want."

"Promise?"

"What are we? Five?"

"Look just promise."

"Okay! Geez, I promise."

The waiter came back with our food. It wasn't bad, nothing to complain about. "Okay so just hold my hand and be more open. My family doesn't like liars, also are you okay with children?" I asked looking up from my food.

"Yeah, I have a little sister."

"Really? What's her name?"

"Daisy."

"Cute. Uh, the house is pretty big so except a lot of people staying there. Mostly people five years to 20."

"How many people?"

"Well a lot of cousins, I have 4 siblings both younger and older, my grandma on my dads side, aunt's and uncle's and Bread Bin. Not counting the boyfriends and girlfriends and just friends."

"Geez! You have a big family!" He said in shock.

"Yeah. They're really nice, you would like them if you learn like things."

"I do like things. Just you are not one of them." He explained.

"How kind of you." I put my hand over where my heart is.

Zenix looked down and laughed a little," did you just laugh?" I ask.

"No."

"Yes you did!"

"No I didn't!"

"Uh-hu. Sure." I said.

We began to eat," also let me borrow your jacket when it gets cold."

"No. I know what girls do, you let them borrow your jacket and they never give it back."

"Oh trust me, I know when something is someone else's."

"I barley know you, so how do I know you're gonna give it back?"

"Exactly, you don't know me, so you don't know."

"Touché."

At this time we where done with eating,"wanna split the check?" Zenix ask.

Before I could answer a couple with a child walks by,"cheap." The wife said.

"She deserves better," the husband said.

I saw regret on Zenix's face. I grabbed his hand, which was on he table,"don't listen to them okay. People are just to quick to judge. Plus we are both a budget we need to save until we reach Tennessee."

"Y-yeah." His face softened.

I turned to the couple," the only person here that deserves better is the kid who's parents shouldn't judge random teens."

I led Zenix to the exist," you okay?"

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." He sighed.

"Look I know nothing about you, but your not cheap and I knew you wouldn't have done that if you knew how much money we both brought. Don't let some random person ruin your night."

" 'My night' ?" He asked.

"I mean, yeah. I've been here many times. You haven't, so anyplace you wanna go?"

We pulled out a map and he pointed to a entertainment store," you wanna go there?"

"It's my night."

"Okay, follow me!" I said pointing to the left.

"It's the other way."

I began walking in the other direction in the same stance.