Mornings

(Don't play sing yet)

"GET UP GET UP GET UP!" Lilly Ann and Ruth yelled as the bounced on the bed.

Both Zenix and I jumped up and bumped heads. "Ow"

"THE HECK?"

"Auntie Venessa made breakfast!" Ruth yelled.

I was wide eyed. Every time it's breakfast here it's a war zone. Everyone has to have to good bacon. At least one jar of jelly gets broken and everything is a mess.

Ruth and Lilly Ann rushed out the door," Zenix," I placed a hand on his shoulder," don't die," I rushed out the door and shortly followed my every child and teen in the house.

"No!"

"You ain't winning!"

'High pitch screeching'

"THE BACON IS MINE!"

"I WELL FEAST ON THE UNBORN!"

"SEAN LEARN TO SAY 'EGGS'!"

I 'ran' down the stairs, which means I tripped, fell, and every just fell on top of me. They all rushed up and grabbed a plate. I just laid there," you okay?" I looked up and saw Zenix.

"I didn't get first dibs," I fake sniffed.

He helped me up and walked into the kitchen," I had a feeling this would happen, so I fixed you two your own plate." Mama handed us a plate of gravy and biscuit, bacon, and scrambled eggs.

We walked into the living room and sat down."where's the remote?" Zenix asked.

"KENNETH! Remote!" I yelled.

I Great Dane walked in with the remote in its mouth and placed in on my lap. "Who this?" Zenix asked placing his food down and petting Kenneth.

"Kenneth, our Great Dane. He's a big sweat heart." I said," what do you want to watch?"

"T.V."

"Haha Smart Alec."

"What?"

"Smart Alec. Again country thing." I said turning it to the movie section and surfing through the stations.

"Country people are- wow."

"What?" I turned to him.

"I've never had food this good."

"Mama's the best cook I know." I said picking a movie.

"Except you." Peter said setting down next to me with Opal in his lap.

"I fixed chicken once, and everyone thinks I'm the best cook ever." Peter laughed at my statement.

"Hi I'm Peter, Evan's husband. This is Opal, our daughter." Peter introduced," can you say 'hi' Opal?"

"Hi" she said giving and closed eye smile.

"Hello," Zenix said waving they're way.

Everyone entered the room at least everyone had a scratch or bruise on them. "Geez! Is it always a war zone every morning?" Zenix asked.

"When it come to Mama's cookin'? Yeah!" Gambrel explained," hi I'm Gabe, ____'s younger brother."

"And I'm James! The youngest! Wanna see my ferret?!" James asked excitedly.

Zenix choked," what?"

"My ferret! He's up stairs."

"Oh yeah, ____ said something about you have a ferret."

James ran up stairs and brought back his ferret," this is ankles!"

"Why is he called that?" Zenix asked looking up at James.

"The rat likes to lick people's feet when they're a sleep." Dad explained sitting next to Zenix," good morning Zenix, did you sleep well."

"So-so, still getting used to the two hour time change."

" yeah also friends face time us not knowing what time it is." I explained.

After the normal morning conversations and dad testing Zenix on how to treat a girl. Thank Irene we went over this before hand. We put the dishes in the sink," I'll do the dishes mama!" I told mama.

"Okay dear."

I turned the hot water on and got a dish rag out. I poured soup over the dirty dishes. Lillian came over and turned the radio on.

(Play song)

American idiot came on.

Lillian was dancing around like an idiot while playing air guitar. "You know you have a real one, why don't you play it?" I suggested.

"I'm still learning." Lillian said.

"I can teach you." Zenix said out of the blue.

"Really? Awesome! I'll go get it now!" Lillian ran up the stairs to get her guitar.

"You play guitar?" I asked putting knifes in the dish drainer.

"A little. My dad taught me before..."

"Before what?" I asked looking at him.

"Nothing."

Lillian came running back with her guitar. "I wanna play American idiot!" She commanded.

"okay I'll see if I can," he sat down at the table.

He grabbed the guitar and taught Lillian the basics. I would look at them and smile every now and then. When Zenix was down he pulled up sheet knots for American idiot and showed Lillian.

She began to play it and it was good, then slowly when down hill.

"Not bad, for your first try." Zenix said uncovering his ears.

"Can you keep teaching me till summer ends?" Lillian asked.

"Yeah, sure kid." Zenix said walking over to me.

"I'm 15!" Lillian yelled and walked over, she pulled me down and whispered," he's mine if this ends." I laughed and she walked away.

"What she say?" Zenix asked flipping his hair everywhere.

I moved his hair out of the way with my soupy hands," she likes you, like like-likes you."

"Pffft. That's the first. So what's the music taste in your family?"

"Anything really. Country, rock, alternative, musicals, anything."

"Musicals? But Gene's already has a weird obsession with The Heather's."

"Oh no." I said.

"CaN't We Be SeVeNtEeN?!" Lillian and Damian screamed off key.

"Did I just set off a bomb?" Zenix asked.

"Yes." I said finishing the dishes.

"WE'RE DAMAGED!"

"YOUR LOVES TO GOOD TO LOSE!"

"That's not even the lyrics!" I yelled at them

"I don't care!" Lillian yelled.

"CHILLI FRIES!" Damian yelled sliding on the floor with his hands up.

"That's Damian. He's like the second meme lord of the house." I said.

"Who's the first?"

"Me."

"That's Bread Bin." I said.

"It's Brendon you little prick." He said waking me over the head.

I laughed and so did Zenix.

"I'm Brendon, Rachel's boyfriend." He shock Zenix's hand.

"It's nice to meet you." Zenix said.

"So how long have you two been together?" He asked.

"A year." Zenix said.